Can I move out of state?

I am currently going thru a divorce and I am fighting for full custody. Currently I have physical custody and we have joint legal custody. I had my husband evicted from our home and he caused over $11000 worth of damage and the home is not livable because of the damage and the mold. I am having the home cleaned and sanitized and hopefully in a couple of months my daughter and I will be able to move back in. Currently my husband is not economically stable, mentally stable, and he put my child’s health in risk by living in a home where mold is growing - he was aware of the mold just too lazy to do anything about it. Anyway, my question is if I do get full custody of my child and if I have an opportunity to advance at work but it requires to moving out of state, will I be able too? I know currently I can not, but if granted full custody would it be possible? I would not transfer unless it is an advancement in my current position. He does not pay child support or any type of support and I am supporting my child, I carry the health benefits, pay for schooling and all activities - Im not looking for child support because I know he wont pay and I dont need his money to support me or my child. I hope someone can help me, like I said I am not looking to transfer right now but if the opportunity arises will I be able to???

Answer #1

If you were granted full custody then I think you can. Check with your lawyer though, or check the details in the divorce papers. I lived in indiana with full custody of my daughter while my ex lived in ky. It wasn’t a problem and still isn’t.

Answer #2

what if you go out there and get laid off .and it sounds like your not doing to good finachelly so you relly need to get child suppot inforced .put your kids first

More Like This


Parenting, Education, Health and Wellness

Ask an advisor one-on-one!

Amazing Scan

Baby Ultrasound Clinic, Gender Reveal Service, Medical Imaging Center


General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry