child support

Im 18 and my father has never paid child support when he was supposed to. Someone had told me that I could take him to court for that money but I dont know how to go about it. Any one know?

Answer #1

Forget it, the money was due to your mother, not you! Leave it alone and move on.

Answer #2

I know that but can I take him to court for the 18 years he paid nothing?

Answer #3

I asked my mom about it and she said that she wouldnt be able to fight it now that im 18.

Answer #4

She’s right…now that you are 18, he doesn’t have to pay anymore.

Answer #5

She has many times

Answer #6

Then if he didn’t pay the money, the court should have been contacted and a sherrif would probably demand the money from him.

Answer #7

It would be your mother or primary carer who should have been receiving the child support, not you.

Answer #8

Regardless of your age, it is not your money to fight for. If your mother needed that money then she should have taken him to court over it.

More Like This

Parents & Family

Parenting, Marriage, Childcare

Ask an advisor one-on-one!

Track Your Child’s Cellphone

Parental Control Software, Child Safety Services, Mobile Monitoring Tools


Randall & Bruch, PC

Family Law, Legal Services, Child Support


Maples Family Law

Divorce Law, Child Custody, Family Law



Parenting Services, Family Law, Mobile Apps


Jos Family Law

Family Law, Child Custody, Legal Services