What is it called when someone writes a written statement for you for court?

I know it starts with an “A”. And how do i go about doing it? My friend was a witness to a situation that happened and he cant go to court with me so he agreed to write a written statrment.

Answer #1

It’s an affidavit

Answer #2

Sorry missed the second part…the affidavit forms are available at the courthouse, it can be filled out there and signed by a commissioner.

Answer #3

Talk to your attorney. I’ve written one of those for a friend before, I just wrote it on a regular piece of paper and signed/dated it. I’m not sure if it will be the same for you, so you’re just better off talking to your attorney.

Answer #4

Colleen is correct, it’s called an affidavit. All he has to do is write a page or two, describing what happened, and what he seen. He just says what he would say in court as a witness, but on paper.

More Like This
Ask an advisor one-on-one!

Furstenberg Law

Lawyer, Legal Services, Criminal Defense


Advocate in Lahore

Legal Services, Marriage Services, Consulting Services


Envoy Mortgage

Mortgage Lending, Banking, Real Estate


Kassouni Law

Lawyers, Attorneys, Legal Services


The Law Offices of Decker & J...

Law Firm, Legal Services, Criminal Defense Attorney