Should they apologize?

Home More advice Politics & Law

When Obama announced in October he was taking a few days off from campaigning to visit his ailing grandmother in Hawaii, many conservatives questioned Obama's real reason for going to Hawaii, including Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and Obama Nation author Jerome Corsi.

Limbaugh: Who announces days in advance they're rushing to the side of a loved one who is deathly ill, but keeps campaigning in a race that's said to be over, only to go to the loved one's side days later? See, I think this is about something else. You know what's really percolating out there? And I've been laying low on this because it just -- it hasn't met the threshold to pass the smell test on this program. But this birth certificate business, this lawsuit that a guy named Phillip Berg filed in Philadelphia in August for Obama to produce his genuine birth certificate, and he still hasn't replied, he hasn't done so.

Limbaugh: When you first announced this, you're going to rush, you're going to hurry, you're going to make tracks, you're going to get over there because you don't want your grandmother to die before you got there like your mother did, but somehow you keep campaigning, you take three days to get over there, if he's left yet. And this birth certificate business -- I'm just wondering if something's up. I have no clue, and I -- folks, I'm telling you, this has not reached the threshold until now, and it's now popping up all over the place.

Corsi: I'm headed out to Honolulu. I am not convinced that Barack Obama is going because his grandmother is sick.

Coris; I think I'll accomplish something in Hawaii, too. Obama's headed out there, and I believe there's a court challenge that if Obama does not dodge, he's going to be forced to produce a birth certificate, and there's going to be something damaging on that birth certificate, because even at the eleventh hour, Obama refuses to show us the hospital-generated birth certificate when he was born. (BTW This is a lie)

Savage: Do you actually believe he's going to Hawaii to visit his ailing grandmother with 10 days to go until an election? Do you actually believe that? Do you actually believe he'd be going to Hawaii at this time with 10 days to go? You actually believe that? No, no, no -- no, no, no, no, no. No. There's some other reason that he's leaving the mainland of the United States in the midst of this toe-to-toe struggle right now, and it's got to do with his birth certificate.

Savage; And Obama's leaving for Hawaii -- why? Why? What's he doing there? Why's he going there, huh? What's he going there for, huh? Why's he going to -- the last phase of a race, he's getting off the track just to visit his grandmother? Don't be stupid. It's the birth certificate issue, you fools, you.

Given the turn of events yesterday with Obama's grandmother passing away, shouldn't these people being out there making public apologies for three days, since they spent three days criticizing Obama and accusing him of lying about why he was visiting his grandmother?

Should the conservtives on this website be up in arms that people they look to for the truth have been lying to them? Shouldn't they be leading the call for these guys to be fired? Or do they think it is ok to accuse a presidential candidate of faking his grandmothers illness for political reasons?