How overweight must one be to get the gastric bypass surgery?

How much does it cost? I recently found out that due to excess dieting in my younger years, my metabolism is screwed up for good, and now no matter how much I restrict or even just exercise and eat healthy, there is no chance of any of my current weight coming off again. I was told this by 2 doctors and was confirmed by similar stories online. Please help- getting more depressed by the day. (and yes, I seek aid from mental health physicians as well, so please none of that bullshit.)

its not just all about ones wieght, other factors play a role in the doc desicion to decide to preform a gastric bypass. next time you go to see your doc ask him about it and see what he has to say.

Yeah, not gonna happen. In order to get the surgery you would need to be mentally stable. Given your issues with eating, no surgeon would do it. Oh, and you need a bmi of about 40.