Funadvice Logo

soon to be husband wants to adopt my son?

Home More advice Kids

well i gave birth to my son in 2012 theres no record of the biological father though i know who he is.. other than a child support paper i needed to fill out so my son could keep his insurance. the father has a really bad felony againced him making it so he cant see my son for a few years. and it would be a really bad idea for him to have any contact with my son but he said he would want to have something to do with him when he can.. and i dont agree with it.. but my soon to be husband wants to adopt my son, because hes been the father figure for a while now and to keep my son safe... is there any way i can do the adoption without having the biological father there or anything? help!?