Soon to be husband wants to adopt my son?

well i gave birth to my son in 2012 theres no record of the biological father though i know who he is.. other than a child support paper i needed to fill out so my son could keep his insurance. the father has a really bad felony againced him making it so he cant see my son for a few years. and it would be a really bad idea for him to have any contact with my son but he said he would want to have something to do with him when he can.. and i dont agree with it.. but my soon to be husband wants to adopt my son, because hes been the father figure for a while now and to keep my son safe... is there any way i can do the adoption without having the biological father there or anything? help!?

Recent Questions Kids

Adoption is different in every state because each state has its own family code. In addition to differing laws different courts do things differently; they may ignore parts of the family code or even add some things that aren't in it. The only person who can really help you is a family law attorney who is familiar with both your own laws and how they are applied.

thank you very much

Will we ever be able to adopt a princess?