Do you think smoking is bad for your health?
Cigarette smoking, and even smoking cigars or a pipe, is one of the greatest risk factors for a heart attack as well as for stroke, lung cancer, and emphysema.
To stop smoking:
* Set a quit date. Smoking cessation is most successful when it's done "cold turkey," not slowly by reducing the number of cigarettes smoked daily.
* Throw them out. Throw away all cigarettes and matches at home, in your car, and at work. Put away ash trays and lighters.
* Share your goal. Tell your family and friends you're quitting and ask for their support.
* Avoid triggers. Avoid alcohol, coffee, and other triggers for smoking.
* Set a no-smoking policy. Do not allow anyone to smoke in your home or car, and avoid other people when they are smoking.
* Get tools. Take advantage of the available stop-smoking aids: nicotine replacements, drug therapy, and counseling. Less than 1 in 10 smokers can quit without some help. Nicotine gums, skin patches, and lozenges are available over the counter. Nicotine nasal sprays and inhalers require a prescription from your doctor. Don't smoke when using these products.
* Get a prescription. Bupropion (Zyban) and varenicline (Chantix) are two prescription-only medications that may help you quit. Start taking one of these drugs shortly before your quit date.
* Join a support group. Find a source of individual or group counseling. Counseling alone can be helpful, but it is particularly useful in combination with nicotine replacements or smoking cessation drugs.
* Call the Quit Line. Call the National Cancer Institute Smoking Quit Line if you need more help. Their toll-free number is 1-877-44U-QUIT.
Though these measures and help aids considerably boost the chances of quitting, there's a more than 50 percent chance that a smoker who quits will start again. I hope this doesn't happen to you, but if it does, don't give up. Announce another quit date and start stopping again.
smoking is bad i know from exp im a very sports oreanted guy and i just started smoking and you can tell what it does to you i have two ciggerates left and im going to stop i used to chew also but that was pritty easy to quit
Smoking iss useless I am 16 and I smoked for 3 years.
It sucks hidding it from my parents dont get into it. Listen too the no stank you things on tv there true
All of the above it true. And second hand smoke (smoke you inhale just by being around someone who is smoking) can cause cancer and kill as well.
Smoking is extremely bad for your health: makes you get desieses, yellow teeth, bad breath, yellow fingernails and can harm others around you
There is no health benefit to smoking, and it is literally an addiction that
can be very difficult to break away from.
yup...even tho i smoke :) but im going to quit!!
pack it in for good!!