How much will an addition cost on my house?
There are so many variables..that it is not a simple answer. $75 to $125 is a good range for a simple addition with minimal or no bathrooms.
The variables that will cause the price per square foot to range from $50 to $500 per square foot are..
1. the design of the addition - is it a simple box or something more complicated
2. who does the work - are you hiring it all done or doing some of yourself
3. which contractor you hire - their quotes can vary by 10, 20 or even 30% for similiar quality, etc.
4. the type and quality of materials - flooring, fixtures, windows, etc. etc.
5. do your plans include bathrooms and kitchens..they are much more expensive then a living room or bedroom addition.
The website www.remodelormove.com has a free online cost calculator that gives an OK estimate..but only after you have done a preliminary design and talked with 3 or more contractors can you get an accurate estimate.
And some say you wont really KNOW how much it will cost until it is done!
You'll want to figure out the number of square feet you're adding, in our area, it's between $75 and $125 per square foot last I heard...however, I've never had a remodeling done. Ask for a quote from a few contractors before you commit to one, and that way you know you're getting a decent price - also check their references & track record with the relevant agencies.