I mean what are the symptoms?
depression is a mental illness. really unless you cycle in and out of it, it's a little tough to be able to spot when you're going into an episode...
* depressed mood or sadness most of the time (for what may seem like no reason)
* lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
* inability to enjoy things that used to bring pleasure
* withdrawal from friends and family
* irritability, anger, or anxiety
* inability to concentrate
* significant weight loss or gain
* significant change in sleep patterns (inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or get up in the morning)
* feelings of guilt or worthlessness
* aches and pains (with no known medical cause)
* pessimism and indifference (not caring about anything in the present or future)
* thoughts of death or suicide
you can’t sleep enough or you sleep too much
you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
you feel worthless and hopeless
you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
you have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating
you are constantly irritated or become enraged even at small things – and this is new for you
you have thoughts that life is not worth living, or have a plan for how you would end it (Seek help immediately if this is the case)
If you have 8 of those for 2 weeks or more you probably have major depression (of course I have to add I'm not diagnosing you and you cant diagnose someone online).
Try and find a therapist... unless you live in some rural area there should be therapists readily available... at the very least talk to your doctor...
And if you're worried about paying for it, again, unless you're in a rural area, there are places that offer sliding scales...
When you start changi g the music you listen to...
You friends notice you are acting different
You are crying, or feeling down more than offten
thx heaps both of u,
what if you have 8 out of all that you said ty?