Whenever we order a pizza, they include a little plastic cup of "garlic Butter" sauce, to dip your pizza in. I love that stuff, and I want to know how to make it, so I can have it whenever I want. I can't seem to make anything that tastes like it.
Does anyone know how to make it? Any recipe's or tips would be great! :)
Hmm, my mom tried it too...didn't work for her. She did it some other way but there are so many ways to make it. I guess it really varies with taste!
I found this recipe online...(never tried it)
1. Over low heat, saute minced garlic cloves in butter for about 5 minutes.
2. Once you can smell the garlic butter, toss in fresh parsley and cook for 1 minute.
3. now you have a fresh garlic butter sauce.
I just came up with this..making it up as I am typing so don't k!ll me if it doesn't come out right! k?! :P
1. softened butter or margarine(room temperature)
2. mince/chop very finely 2 cloves of garlic (for the aroma & extra flavor)
3. add a pinch or 2 of garlic seasoning/garlic salt
4. chop up 1-2 stems of dill till chopped very fine(just for the flavor)
Mix all of that into a sauce pan til it melts and you can see that all of the ingredients have been mixed well...
Take a baking brush & either brush on your favorite bread or drizzle on you favorite miniature rolls...
Btw, if it comes out good please let me know...I totally mixed all the stuff you guys mentioned with some of my own ideas so, it would be amazing if it was how it was done.
Here is another one I found online: a bit more tricky!
1. 1/2 cup unsalted butter
2. 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3. 3-4 cloves of garlic – the amount of garlic used can be varied according to one’s taste and preference for intensity. You may want to start slow, say with 2 cloves, and slowly work your way up.
4. 1 teaspoon of dried basil
5. 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
How to Make Garlic Butter - Preparation Steps
1. Using an adequate container, melt the butter in the oven (Personally, I do not recommend using the microwave oven as that changes the nature of foods and make them potentially harmful to our bodies).
2. An alternative to melting the butter in the oven is to work it on a plate using a knife or a spoon until it becomes slightly soft.
3. Crush and mince the garlic cloves into a fine paste.
4. Mix the melted or soft butter and garlic paste to make a spread or mixture.
5. Add the basil and oregano to this spread or mixture.
6. Whisk thoroughly with the olive oil until the mixture is smooth.
7. Add salt as per your requirement and taste preference.
Alternative Choices – how to make garlic butter a little differently
*Many garlic butter recipes actually do not contain olive oil, so this is a personal preference.
* Some recipes contain lemon juice instead. This tastes good when the garlic butter is used for fish, green beans, or any other foods which go well with lemon juice. 1 teaspoon of lemon juice could be added – this is optional.
* The herbs used could be varied – for example, 2 teaspoons of finely minced parsley could be used instead of the basil and oregano. Chives could also be used.
* Some people also add pepper or Parmesan cheese; again, this is according to personal preference.
I hope this simple garlic butter recipe has given you an idea of how to make garlic butter. Garlic butter can be great with fish as well as steamed vegetables.
All in all, garlic butter is a simple addition to your recipes which can help you reap the amazing health benefits of garlic.
Hope all of these help...
Thanks in advance!
that was 3 different ways to make it silly!!!
its pretty simple though...try it...see if you like it even though you dont use it at home, maybe you may surprise yourself & your family & wind up loving it...what have you got to loose...if you dont like it after you make it can always dump it...that is the whole beauty of cooking. Trying new things...:P
1. Melt your butter on the stove over low heat.
2. Spoon off foam on top.
3. Stir in garlic powder and salt until dissolved.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a small dish for dipping.
I think this will help you to make your desired sauce. You can also visit to buy the essential appliances like food processor for your kitchen which will be useful for cooking.
Lol...Temptress!! >_< That was a long answer! haha! I might try some of that...but I am looking for really simple ones. In my house we don't use "garlic cloves" or "stems of dill" lol...we use garlic powder O_o...ehh...I really to know the way that pizza places like Papa Johns, Cici's, and Little Ceasers, make theirs. =/
I just do it the simple way, soften some butter almost to the point where its melted, but not completely liquidy and add some garlic seasoning. I hate papa johns and its the only place that has it around here so when we order pizza i make myself some.
I love papa johns! :O lol...I tried just softening some butter, then adding garlic seasoning...but it doesn't taste the same... :(
Thanks though. :)