What are your opinions on the banning of books by schools, government or even private citizens?

Home More advice Politics & Law

Is it ever OK to remove books from schools or libraries and limit everyones access to them? Here is a list of some of the banned books in the US, I think some will really surprise you: (Remember, this is not just in schools, these are from public, county/city government funded libraries as well) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck Harry Potter (Series) by J.K. Rowling Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger The Giver by Lois Lowry A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle Go Ask Alice by Anonymous What's Happening to my Body? by Lynda Madaras To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee Brave New World by Aldous Huxley James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl Lord of the Flies by William Golding

a lot of these books I myself read in highschool because it was required to do so. Now just 6 years later, they are banned from schools and government funded libraries. Personally I find it ridiculous to ban ANY book.