Okay so I have this really flirty Theology teacher, he is only 22. It's his first year teaching, but he graduated from the school he teaches at and where I attend. I'm 16. He's extremely nice and funny, but sometimes when I interact with him, it's a little more than just an ideal teacher- student relationship..
My evidence thus far is:
1) I told him on Monday that I like his taste in bowties and then on Tuesday he ends up wearing one instead of a tie
2) He defended me when my friend insulted me in front of him. “Well, she actually read her test, Mrs. Candelaria. You are very much in the wrong.”
3)He overheard me in the hallway tell one of my friends “Git it shawty, git it” and he greets me by saying that.
4) We slipped notes under his door with our insider and he kept them rather than throwing them away.
5)My teacher also remembered my midterm grade an no one else’s out of his 126 students
6) He always smirks at me and my friends when he passes by us in the hallways too
7) Oh, one day he asked me for help and only me
8) He asked me if I would be returning to school on a teacher work day
9) He asked my friends and I what we were planning on wearing to homecoming
10) He asked us to get him food, and we did, and you should’ve seen the excitement over the corndog we got him.
11) He constantly calls me out in class
12) He has insiders with my friends and I… Inside Jokes…
13) He is like bffs with my mother, who was his teacher, and now is his co-worker..
14) He came looking for me yesterday as if I was his best friend, then he realized what he was doing, walked away only to return later and try to play it cool
Do you think he's being nice or he's being flirty or what?
Since he is 22 he might like you. However the thing is...
IT DOESN'T MATTER what the signs are or how he feels.
If you care about him at all, then do not pursue him. He could go to jail and lose his job.
Also, if he really cares about you he won't pursue you either. He wouldn't want to complicate your high school experience or have you miss out on things that make high school great. He also wouldn't want to put you through the shame when things come to light (and they always do).
It will be both of you that pay the price.
If you care about each other, don't pursue it.
And if you still care about each other AFTER you GRADUATE (not your 18th bday if you are still in high school) then go out on a first date.
If you are going to start something wonderful, don't let it start in high school when it will forever be tainted with the memories of doing something wrong.
This way, once you graduate and if you start dating, then you can honestly tell people you did nothing wrong.
Haven't you seen the teacher-student incidents on tv?
There is always controversy about whether the couple had sex before 18, and the reason that happens is because they were calling each other etc.
If there is no contact before graduation then there is NOTHING to worry about.
Just answering this again now I know you're age. And your wayyyy to young he's like 22 and you're 16 If he moves in he would be considered as a pervert and that's pretty dangerous as you now what it can be like (well you obviously dont but im sure you know what a perv is :(... ). So back off if he gets too friendly and dont let him move in too much. Because reading that he has dfinetly crossed the line.
Yeah, that's a bit much. He's crossing the line. If you get involved with him, he'll lose his job, and go to prison. Keep your distance. If he continues to come into your space, kindly nudge him off. Sounded like he was being nice at first, but as I read on, he seems to be interested. Hope he backs off, and keeps the student teacher relationship appropriate, rather than keep crossing the line.
Don't get involved with him because its illegal and he will lose his job and go to prison.
Don't lead him on either.