You make it sound as if its really bad. Bad enough perhaps that a professional should get involved. There is no point in cleaning the mold if its just going to come back again, so finding out where the moisture is coming from is the first step. Leaky roof? Unventilated shower? If its even on the floor maybe the house should be condemned, because that is unsafe to clean and breathe. Put up a picture, or if you feel uncomfortable doing that funmail a picture or two to me, and I'll give you my best answer.
I would think the mold would be a LOT more harmful to the babies than the bleach. Open the windows, keep the kids away from the room in which you're working, pour a small amount of bleach into a bucket of water, and wash the surfaces with the bleach-water.
After a few minutes, when the bleach-water dries, the mold should be gone.
While bleach and cleaners do a great job of getting rid of surface mould, it doesn't touch what's underneath, hidden in the walls. What you need to do is kill the mould from it's starting point, and that requires exposure to UV light. There should be a place in your area that specializes in mould removal, check your yellow pages.
We have ALOT of mold on our walls, floor, and ceiling, it's bad.We bought lysol and bleach, but we're afraid to use the bleach because we have a toddler and baby that live in the house and don't want them to get affected by it.
Yeah, its bad stuff, but you gotta dry it, put bleach on it and scrub it off with a really rough washing up cloth, if you know what i mean ....lol x
lysol has a bathroom cleaner with mold remover this works very well and there are no strong oders.
CLR gets rid of limescale, mildew and mold and it is safe to use.