I'm skinny but need muscle

I'm skinny and I'm fine with that but I am losing muscle. What can I do to gain muscle. My Dr says to eat plenty of protein like chicken and drink Boost (which I already do). Any suggestions? I can't exercise because I have severe COPD along with other illnesses. I am weak and I'm 54 years old so my bones are getting brittle. That sounds awful but it's true. I'm afraid I'll break something.

I looked oer my reply and I think it looks negative and kinda smart a$$, but I don't mean it that way. It's just that I am so limited, that it's impossible for me to do some of the things suggested. That's all I meant. I really do appreciate your answers.

toadaly, did my picture scare ya? I AM 54, you know and I have a lot of illnesses. Plus, I don't have on any make-up.

Omg, I'm asking your question now.
Eat sugar, chocolate and sweets. You'll go on a sugar rush.

And when putting sugar in mountain dew, be perpared for it to fizz and over flow. ^^
Thank you.
Love,
Ama and my Choco-kun.

How can I build or put muscle on skinny arms and legs?

lol, well sorry to hear that your losing muscle but yeah definently eat a lot of protein cut out processed fats, drink 2% milk for stronger bones, and muscles, and fish head soup is what I generally eat to gain muscle works good... ingredients:fish heads, water, carrots, brocolli, lima beans, and whatever else :) Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

How does a muscle grow?

Thanks for all your answers. What the hell...fish heads...no, I don't think so,

My COPD is severe and it's all I can do to make it to the bathroom. in my little apt, so walking 1/2 a block is out and I don't have the strength to lift weights. If I cold do all that stuff, I wouldn't have a problem.

I have to stay away from sugar too. I know that can't be healthy.

Thanks for the links, Ted.

And, it's not weights that I'm afraid of when it comes to breaking bones. It's more like things such as Yoga.

Thnx again for all of you suggestions,
Carol

How fast do muscles recover?

Info if you are trying to gain weight:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/treatment/underweight-treatment.php

Check out your BMI

bmi calculator:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/

No matter what advice any of us give you, take it with a grain of salt. Your doctor's advice is best because he personally knows you and your situation.

I'm sorry you have COPD. My mother had it and a friend of mine had it so I know how debilitating it is.

Good Luck.

Ted

How many muscles to smile?

yowsa!.

Firstly, run anything you hear here past your doctor first before doing it! If you don't, you could die.

Here's what I would do. Start walking as much as you can comfortably do each day. this might be nothing more than half a block, or as much as several miles. It depends on how bad your COPD is.

Likewise, dpending on severity of COPD, start exercising with 5 lb weights, and slowly build up to more if you can.

I wish you the best of luck!

How to build muscle up?

Bearing weight will help strengthen bone. I wouldn't worry about breaking a bone from using weights in a workout...breaks usually occur when the bone absorbs strain from a weird angle.

What is a muscle knot?

Gentle stretching always helps tone.

What is a suprapinatus muscle?

fish head soup... >_>

how do muscles use ATP?