There is some melted plastic in my oven, I got most of it out but is it safe to use the "self clean" setting? Without releasing poisonous fumes?
I was pre-heating my oven and I forgot there was a tupperware bowl filled with cookies hiding in there. I was hiding them from my very curious cat. Then, a while later I saw fire. I put it out and cleaned it manually as much as I could but there is still some plastic left. My "self clean" setting goes up to about 500-600 degrees. I want to use it, is it safe? I don't want to release poisonous fumes.
Turn on the vent above the oven and leave the room just in case there are fumes?