I wish I knew more about some of your symptoms before I go assuming what you may pr may not have..yet with that said...here are some of my tips...what i try to use!
You can try some homeopathic remedies as well..like some eucalyptus oil.
fill your bath tub with warm to hot (not boiling water!)and drop some drops of the eucalyptus oil in the water while inhaling all the fumes...it will help clear your upper respiratory system, as well as any sinus issues you may have so you can try to breathe better!
For cough's I suggest a cough med because just hot tea & honey doesnt stop the cough, just eases the sore throat! Same with cough suppressants. Here you really dont have another choice or it will get worse...trust me much worse & you really dont to be coughing up blood now do you?! I didnt think so!
For head aches this is a good technique I just read online...
1. Sit and relax your shoulders. Drop your head to the right. Take a breath and relax.
2. Place the palm of your right hand against your right cheekbone. Take a deep breath in and hold it while you slowly press your head and your hand together.
3. Slowly release your breath and drop your hand. Relax your neck and shoulders. Repeat these steps two more times.
4. Do the same on your left side.
5. Straighten your head and place your fingers on the ridge of your skull just behind your ears. Breath in while pushing your head against your fingers. Hold your breath, then release your hands to your lap.
6. Breath in through your mouth while opening your jaw as wide as possible. Release your breath and relax your jaw. Do this twice more.
7. Allow your head to drop slowly to your chest. Take a couple of relaxed breaths.
8. Lock your fingers behind your head and allow the weight of your arms to push your chin closer to your chest.
Hold this for 15 seconds, then release.
9. Finally, breath gently while you raise your head.
Hope this helped!!!
People seem to have all kinds of suggestions for getting rid of the common cold. One thing that I've done a few times before (obviously helped speed things along, not a cure) was to eat a big plate of nachos, LOADED with jalepeno peppers! Have plenty of kleenex on stand-by. Also, to help control the problems related to the acidity, I use tums or something similar - that seems to help.
A room mate from way back in college - he went to the "town quack" of a doctor. The guy actually stuck these needle type things up into the roof of his mouth - then, forced some liquid through the tubes. I was told that it stung for 2-3 seconds, then they felt ABSOLUTELY GREAT afterwards. Also, yes, whatever was in the hose, along with in this person's nose, all shot-out in a huge glob! (A nose ejac of sorts)!
There is nothing that will "cure" the common cold. The term "common cold" used to one of over 200 different viruses that can infect your upper respiratory system and produce a particular set of symptoms. There just isn't a single cure that will kill every strain of virus which can cause the common cold. Over the counter dr.ugs only alleviate the symptoms, so that you can go on doing you normal day to day activities. You should just rest, and let your body heal itself. Rest as much as possible. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and drink a lot of water.
I find liquid echinacea helps (has to be liquid, not in a tea or anything else). It wont cure it, as stated before nothing will cure a cold, but it really helps you immune system. Aside from that, up your vitamin C and drinks heaps of water