Can you believe obama said...

Home More advice Politics & Law

To justify the bailouts, can you believe obama said...

"... There's too great a risk that bankruptcy now would lead to a disorderly liquidation of american auto companies. My economic advisors believe that such a collapse would deal an unacceptably painful blow to hardworking americans far beyond the auto industry. It would worsen a weak job market and exacerbate the financial crisis. It could send our suffering economy into a deeper and longer recession."

Yet he also described giving them enough money to enter bankruptcy in orderly fashion.

Second, if restructuring cannot be accomplished outside of bankruptcy, the loans will provide time for companies to make the legal and financial preparations necessary for an orderly chapter 11 process that offers a better prospect of long-term success -- and gives consumers confidence that they can continue to buy american cars.

My gosh, what is obama thinking?