Why are guys so weird when it comes to certain girls?

I like this guy and I have for a while and I know him but im not really close to him or anything.
Hes telling everyone he likes me and I've even heard him say it but he doesnt know that I know.
(Im not sure if he knows I like him)
I talk to him in some classes and we have some same friends so we hang out every once in a while.

Sadies hawkins dance is coming up soon and im not sure if I should ask him because he seems to be fne asking out every other girl that likes him but not me..?I dont know what to do and I really need some advice..

move on... your wasting your time

hes not being weird, hes being a male and working his way through as many girls as possible.

I completely disagree with clawjaw.

In my humble opinion, the one we cant talk to the most we love the most.

I am a pretty popular guy (self-beliefs), and I find it's the hardest to talk to are not the prettiest girls, but the girl that I really like.

that might just be me, but I highly think this is the case for your guy.

Because I am so popular the one that I cannot afford to get turn down by the girl I value the most. So act way too cool around them.

What should I tell the girl I love about the other guy?