Pregnancy and the birth control shot

Soo... If someone was like only a couple weeks pregnant, like before she got her missed period or anything, and then they got a birth control shot, what would happen to the baby?

It could cause defects, but the probability of that, who knows... (and fyi, the shot and the pill have the same basic hormones, doesnt really make that much of a difference).

I would say there is a good chance of birth defects. Was it Depo provera? My docotor gave me a pregnancy test before I got that shot and when I asked him why do I need a test he said because the shot COULD cause birth defects.

Can birth control interfere with pregnancy test results?

okay well what if it was the shot instead of the pill?

The Birth COntrol Shot

If you take the pill for only a short time during pregnancy, it's unlikely that the hormones will kill the fetus. However, the longer you take the pill, the more likely the fetus will develop problems. Despite years of this accident happening, there's very little evidence that exposure to the hormones in birth control pills causes birth defects.

What's the chances of pregnancy with birth control and a condom?