I just read this comment: What the (Clinton) campaign did (after Tuesday night's debate) was to claim that the seven male candidates, plus moderator Tim Russert, had ganged up on Hillary thus claiming that she was - once again - a female being victimized by the men in her life - one of her campaign workers even commented 'Tim Russert should be shot' - Is this what is meant by 'playing the female' card or is she truely a victim ?
Research - Hillary admits to:
• Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)
• Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)
• She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)
• She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn't cover the market back then.)
Whoppers She Won't Confess to:
• She didn't know about the FALN pardons.
• She didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.
• Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.
• She didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.
• She didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.
• She opposed NAFTA at the time.
• She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.
• She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.
• She played a role in the '90s economic recovery.
• The billing records showed up on their own.
• She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
• She was always a Yankees fan.
• She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).
• She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).
Sen. John Kerry’s endorsement of Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination should come as no surprise to readers of the Insider Report, which has disclosed Kerry’s membership in the so-called “Gang of Four” Hillary Clinton haters.
The Four — Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean, and Al Gore — have pledged to stop Hillary from getting the nomination, and each has his own reason for detesting Clinton.
As the Insider Report has disclosed on several occasions beginning in 2005, Kennedy is disgusted by Bill and Hillary Clinton’s moderate politics, and he early on endorsed Kerry for the 2008 nomination.
Gore blames his 2000 loss on Hillary, who he says siphoned off key resources to her Senate race.
Dean blames the Clintons for his 2004 campaign woes. A year earlier, Clinton had launched a behind-the-scenes campaign to pressure fellow Democrats not to support Dean for president.
And Kerry feels Hillary stabbed him in the back, promising to go all out to support his 2004 White House campaign but then doing as little as possible to help him.
Now Kerry is getting a measure of revenge by endorsing Obama.
Of course Barack said that, why wouldn't he when he has everything to gain from making her look bad by saying that she's using something like gender to her advantage? That's the biggest way to get attention to become a frontrunner. People notice the bad things more.
As to whether Clinton is using the "female card", maybe she is. But why shouldn't she? It's an accomplishment I suppose to be a female frontrunner in a presidential election. And I think that people are taking that and blowing it up to be like she's saying that she should be given specific rights and unfair advantages that the other candidates don't have. But I haven't seen any special accomodations given to her so I really don't see where Obama's unfair this and unfair that nonsense is coming from.
Is she a victim? No, she's getting the flack that any candidate will get in running. The problem is that she's a woman and that's what everyone wants to pick on. It would be the same for Obama. If he was the frontrunner for the democratic party then he'd be picked on for saying things about his being black just because he happened to be black.
Nixon associate Charles Colson went to Federal Prison for having one unauthorized FBI file.
First Lady Hillary Clinton had over 900 unauthorized FBI files on political enemies of the Clintons.
The Clinton Administration had more criminal indictments and convictions than any other administration in over 200 years of U. S. history. More that Grant, Harding or Nixon. It was the most corrupt U.S. administration. It is unconscionable to me that someone would want more of that.
That Tim Russert question:
Senator Clinton, I'd like to follow up, because in terms of your experience as first lady, in order to give the American people an opportunity to make a judgment about your experience, would you allow the National Archives to release the documents about your communications with the president, the advice you gave? Because, as you well know, President Clinton has asked the National Archives not to do anything until 2012.
Minority presidential candidate Barack Obama upped his criticism of the leading Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton, by telling the media it’s unfair for her to suggest political attacks are made on her because of her gender.
In an interview on NBC’s “Today Show” Friday morning, Obama said “I’m assuming and I hope that Senator Clinton wants to be treated like everybody else. And I think that that's why she's running for president.”
Nixon was hounded for 20 minutes of missing conversations on his tape recorder - wonder if Hillary thinks she can hide 8 years worth of activities (some 3 million documents) - in effect, 'Im running on my record - but there is nothing I can do to release my records.'
I didn't see the debate. It would depend on what they actually said. If they said something that was sexist, then she'd be victimized. If they didn't, then she's just being a baby. Do you have any quotes or supporting information? Or is this just a loaded question?
The interview I read Ms. Clinton said that everyone ganged up on her because she was a frontrunner. I don't think she has a lot of control over what her campaign workers think or say.