How do I install my Jensen A1000 amplifier in my '97 Dodge Intrepid?

Home More advice Cars & Automotive

Hello! I have a Jensen A1000 amplifier, and I'm not sure how to install it. It's kind of an older model, I believe... It's got 3 wires protruding from it: a Yellow wire, a Black wire, and a smaller gauge Blue wire. I'm planning to attach the Yellow and Black directly to my alternator(hopefully I can figure out how to do that), but I'm completely clueless as to what to do with the Blue wire. It says I HAVE to connect it to something, but I don't know what.

Secondly, I'm using it to power a 12" Dual subwoofer in a sealed box(I'm not sure if I need to make a port in the box to use my sub at max power). I'm planning to use my back speakers in my '97 Intrepid as the input by connecting 8g wire to the existing speaker connection in the back, whilst keeping my stock car speakers hooked up as well. As for output, I have 6g wires. If there's anything wrong with this, please let me know. I'm VERY new to hooking these things up.

Finally, I'm not sure where to run the wires from my trunk to my alternator without making them completely apparent and ugly. My main issue, however is where that Blue wire goes...