First of all you have to be more specific then just say any business...
If you dont know what business you want to get into how are you going to know what location best fits your business?
The first step in a successful business is knowing what you want to do as a business so you can find the best location for it. You dont want to open a place up for food if your location is in a clothing district now do you?! Same as opening a gallery in a food district....you have to find out what fits according to what you want to do!
Remember, in business, it's not just opening up a place, you also have to have skills...its not just a: "ok, i am here now all of you customers just walk through my door & make me rich!" You need to also invest a lot of time, money & have a huge amount of patience or you might as well quit while you are ahead!
Here are a list of things you need to do before you begin...
1. consult with your banker, find out if you have enough money to even invest in your business before you can even allow yourself to own a business.
2. decide on what you are going for, the name you wish to call it & then you will have to find an accountant to get a business license(decide if you are going Corp or LLC)
3. decide on location...then find the right place according to size, rent & what maybe included because you may have hidden fee's depending on the place or location! Do you need a store, office space or a loft!!!
4. now you have to ask yourself if you have a store what sign to put up...
then you need business cards...some advertisements..a logo and perhaps a site on the internet...all this costs more money!!!
5. now you have to get some furniture for your place...if it is an office space then you need a desk or 2 or more & some chairs...some computers...office supplies a cash register & much much more...
if it is a store...then you need a lot of what i mentioned...a table, a cash register & a lot of other things...(it's just too long to write out)
Hopefully now after all of that you can actually begin working...
Hope some of these tips have helped you in your journey..Good luck to you!
For example me, last month, I had a self business,and I started a online store :http://funadvice.com/r/3k2qsk9muo, now I enjoy the time! In South West Florida, restaurant is a good business! You can run up featured restaurant with lots of yummy dishes from countries in the world! We know people love to party in this place. Most importantly, the service and flavor are the crucial matter! have a good time! My friend! Good luck!
Ugh, SW Florida? Like Weston? There's nothing out there I hate it. (Grew up in Boca/Ft Laudie/Miami. The west part of florida makes me cry out of boredom.
Open up something cool and fun for teens. Like a huge Boomers arcade with movie theater. Or a small waterpark. Something FUN.
Acting is a good business in south west florida. If u dont want that job then u should go with singing if u know how to sing.
Yeah I live close to Fort Myers. They have waterparks and thats about it.