Is actuarial science really tough?

I've asked a lot of people and the first thing that came in that in their mind was 'hard' and that's it. What do you think?

Recent Questions Education & School

I cant say for certain, never having studied this, but from what I can tell it seems to be a lot of statistics and financial stuff. I kind of like statistics for some reason. The finance stuff I find pretty boring, but in the brief time I did study it for a bit it didnt seem too difficult. It depends on the person though, because what is hard for someone isnt difficult at all for someone else.

The computer programming and economics side of it seem hard to me, but again, it doesnt mean its difficult for everyone.

Computer Science VS Information Technology

Thank you for your thought. I really appreciate it. I thought of pursuing Actuarial Science rather than typically taking up a Business Course.All those financial stuff, I did learn Financial Management, which is The Introduction to Finance, it is pretty boring. I like Statistics too. Not to forget Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry :). I have so much fun doing maths although I do suck at it at times. I can actually do it(Actuarial Science) locally. But, if I were to succeed, I'll have to take the professional papers somewhere else instead(Australia, Canada, England,etc) which is of course makes it better as I'll have a better chance in some other country. I shouldn't take other peoples thought for granted though. If I never risk trying, then I'll never know how far I can go. Guess what? I'm gonna go for it. Thanks again :). You're one of a few that actually have a different thought about it(Actuarial Science).

in my science class...