How to get over someone you love?

I am 32 years old and when I was 24, I met and became friends with a man who was 39 years old. We were friends for 2 years and over the course of our 2 year friendship, I developed really strong feelings for him. So when I was 26, I decided to reveal to him how strongly I felt about him. He told me that he did not want to have a relationship with me because of the 15 year age difference between us. But a year later, he got engaged to be married to someone who is the same age as I am. I think I just wasn't his type appearance wise, and he just did not want to tell me for fear of hurting my feelings. I felt so angry with him because he lied so we never spoke to each other again.

Although he and I have not spoken now in 6 years, I have never gotten over him and still feel very strongly about him. I have come across his twitter page recently and see's that he has now gotten married to the woman who he was engaged to, and they now have a daughter. I've been wanting to send him a tweet just to say hi and to ask how he is doing, but I am afraid he won't respond back. I don't think he really wants to talk to me again. What should I do? I could really use the advice. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this and responding back.