Why would anyone act this way?

Home More advice Gaming & Games

I've been listening to the peoples around me at school, and everyone just seems to love the f*ck out of guitar hero, when it really isn't that great. It's the most boring game I have ever played, IMO(in my opinion). I mean, I play the guitar, and some people are like "Oh GH is SOOO much harder than real guitar!" And then I bring out a guitar and I say "can you do THIS on GH?" and I play a couple of songs, and they say "They don't have those songs on there, so no. But if they were I could!".

I mean, lets be realistic now, just because you get some hand and eye coordination with a VIDEO GAME that SAYS its a SIMULATION of rockin out on stage, doesn't mean you can blow past the sweat and countless hours of practice and strain, and memorization of something with about 144 different sounds(regardless of octaves, if you even know what that means) in a couple of minutes. Not only the practice it takes to get even remotely "ok" with ANY instrument, but with GH there is no passion, no reason other than passing by the hours of a sedimentary lifestyle.

I mean not all people pull that crap, because some are even guitar players themselves. But stuff like this just really gets at me. Any idea why people try and show off to, well, I wouldn't say more talented, but, more skilled people?

I'M going to SAY THIS NOW: DON'T FLAME ME because I RAGGED ON A GAME you MIGHT PLAY, JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING OF ANYONE WHO PLAYS THE GAME, JUST THE PEOPLE IN QUESTION WHO ACT LIEK D-BAGS. Just thought I'd throw that in there to avoid hate mail.