Why do some old scars hurt

I have some old cutting scars and they still hurt sometimes

They shouldnt really be hurting... unless you did some sort of permanent damage to the area... my wrist sometimes hurts, but I really messed it up...
If they're old then there's no harm in showing a doctor the next time you're there...

I KNOW WHAT YOUR MEANING.. I HAD SURGERY AND THE SCAR IS ABOUT 5 INCHES IN ((2003) AND IT GETS REAL SORE AT TIMES.. I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT .

Does it hurt to get your naval pierced?

I think it could be down to where it is on the body. I have one on my arm that opened up when it happened. and wouldn't close because of where it is. I get sharp stabbing pains in it, which hurt enough to make me take notice of it. (this coming from a person who shows of his pain thresh hold to his friends during random / dangerous drinking games.

My advice would be to get it checked out there's no harm in making sure there's nothing wrong with it.

Oh and some people think its down to memory of when it happened.

Does water intoxication hurt?

scar hurt