Why cant i find music in library on itunes?

I want to get rid of the crap songs that are on my ipod nano, its the new one with the video camera on it. I used my dads computer to load it and he unistalled it, by accident, so does that mean that it deleted my music too? I have reinstalled it and the only thing it shows is the music that I just imported a few minutes ago. I have over 539 songs and I have read what others have said and I click on the sync music box and this is what it tells me : "are you sure you want to sync music? All existing music on the iopd "my name" will be removed and replaced with songs and playlists from the itunes library"...umm I dont want to lose all my songs and gain the new ones I just imported from cd's...what am I missing.. Please help, im going in sane!! Thanks!

like you just went to where ever you got your tunes and did it that way, limewire..as in example...

all my songs are gone to I don't know how to get them back I jsut downloaded them all back

History musical?

how did you do that, like go to where ever you got them.. I cant do that!!

What is wrong with my itunes?