Home More advice General Knowledge
yes it is a phrase coined from the motorcycle community- "99% percent of motorcycle riders are law abiding citizens" which leaves (as michel pointed out) 1% of motorcycle riders that are outlaws and lawbreakers living outside of the law. among the biker clubs it is a badge of honor because they strive to remain outside the lines and away from "normal" average society.
It is a term often associated with bike clubs (viz. motorcycle gangs)- as in "We are the bad 1 %".
1 penie out of a dollar.