Is it right to tell him my age?

Is it right to tell him my age?

There is this guy I have been talking to for 7 months.
He's 23.
I am 17.
He's 7 years older than me.
I know what you are thinking, that it sounds completely ridiculous.
I will confess to you that I am not in the slightest considering going out with
him now.
Although, he told me last night he wants to know my age so he can "take into consideration what may be the future for 'us' " meaning that he is most likely thinking of what it would be like to date me.
We are most definitely on the same maturity level, even more so, I believe myself more mature than him; for he speaks like a five year old.
It's like talking to someone who is convinced 2+2=6, when we all know, inevitably, two plus two is four. Regardless, I enjoy talking to him and have come to really like his personality. I am terrified that if he knows my age he will shut down any thought of the future. Because come I am 19 or 20, I would consider going out for coffee, or something of the like.
He has asked me to go out for coffee or toast, or just to the mall on so many occasions.
I have said no about my age from the start, just because I didn't think I would be talking to him this long, but alas look, it's been 7 months and come August we will have known eachother for a year. All through internet, texting, and phones. We have talked on the phone for hours on end, last night it was 3hrs.

I don't know what to do?
Do I tell him even though he's told me he will not judge me?
In the pattern in which he talks, I have come to the conclusion that if I tell him he will withdraw. I can just sense it.

I think I'm starting to possibly want to get to know him more, what do I do?
What should I do, and what do you think his reaction will be?

Please help me...

I like chrissy_x3 's answer
age isn't important
I'm nearly 19
my boyfriends nearly 24
everyone thought oh my god thats so bad thats discusting at first, but it's not, we've been together for like 5 years? and just moved in with eachother
age IS just a number, and though a lot of people don't se it that way, you know in your heart what you want and thats what is important, prove them all wrong, and if your together in a few years time, they'll see that they was wrong.
good luck on what ever you decide (:
erin
x

First of all hes 23 and you know what he wants...now this is illegal age dating but if you like him then go for it .
AGE is nothing but a number =]
also make sure you have someone watching over you.
like if you decide to got to the movies have friends go with you but not stay with you in case anything happens...and lastly I think you should tell him your real age.
if guys ever decide to be a couple you wounldnt want your realtionship to start with a lie.

I am 16 and I have dated guys who were about to finish college so I know a thing or two. about this. I've never lied about my age and they were cool about it. so just be yourself.

be safe and have fun !

Does age difference matter?

Thank you, but how is it illegal?
We wouldn't be having sex or anything!

Age ain't nothin but a number?

Lose weight with the Keto Diet

End the confusion on this diet that's taking the world by storm. We bring you the cliff notes. What to eat. What to avoid. Where to get information. It's all here in this easy to read Funadvice guide.