Sony vegas playback problem!

I've just finally found a free trial of sony vegas I haven't used and it was working perfect and everything was playing back fine, but then it stopped letting me playback projects, a message pops up saying:

"An error occured while starting playback" The device specified is in use.

And when I click on details it says,"The playback device Microsoft Sound Mapper does not exist".

Anyone know the problem?

Ok, it seems you either have one of 2 things:

1) Spyware. Run Avast antivirus (Free) and delete any spyware on your computer

2) Codec is missing. A codec is script used when compressing a file. Depending on the type of file you can't play, that's the codec you're missing.

Try this thread for more help:
http://www.indietalk.com/archive/index.php/t-6157.html

Thanks for the advice but its all sorted now ^^ My settings were wrong so my brother fixed them for me =]

My phone won't send picture messages??

Got to Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices, the audio tab, default device, and for me I had to change it to "C-Media Wave Device and it started working again :)

how did you fix it?
im facing the same problem

Same problem, can you give us a hint?

I have been using Sony Vegas 15 for a few months now with no problems. I recently switched over to using OBS for my recordings and have been experiencing a lot of problems with the preview window on sv15.I've been using OBS for 2 months now but the problem started approximately 2 weeks ago and has been preventing/stalling me from editing and rendering my videos. I have tried changed draft, to preview, etc on the different options (auto, half, full). I tried changing my settings to allow gpu on vegas and changed how much dynamic ram I have. I've tried uninstalling vegas, clearing the cahce and manually deleting its files from my pc, which doesnt seem to work. No matter what it lags. I even tried installing the older sony vegas (13) and even that lags. I also tried installing Premiere Pro and it was video preview was lagging there as well. I don't know what to do at this pont since all video previews on all video editors has been lagging for me. Please help. OBS settings attatched.

I was facing the same issue on my Asus laptop. You may get some useful ideas from <a href="">Asus Error Code 55</a> page also.