Sony vegas playback problem!

I've just finally found a free trial of sony vegas I haven't used and it was working perfect and everything was playing back fine, but then it stopped letting me playback projects, a message pops up saying:

"An error occured while starting playback" The device specified is in use.

And when I click on details it says,"The playback device Microsoft Sound Mapper does not exist".

Anyone know the problem?

Ok, it seems you either have one of 2 things:

1) Spyware. Run Avast antivirus (Free) and delete any spyware on your computer

2) Codec is missing. A codec is script used when compressing a file. Depending on the type of file you can't play, that's the codec you're missing.

Try this thread for more help:
http://www.indietalk.com/archive/index.php/t-6157.html

Thanks for the advice but its all sorted now ^^ My settings were wrong so my brother fixed them for me =]

Sony vegas & cyberlink powerdirector - can record stereo mix?

Got to Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices, the audio tab, default device, and for me I had to change it to "C-Media Wave Device and it started working again :)

Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 help!

how did you fix it?
im facing the same problem

Is there a Sony Vegas 1, 2, 3, and 4?

Same problem, can you give us a hint?

How good is Sony Vegas 9 for editing videos?

Lose weight with the Keto Diet

End the confusion on this diet that's taking the world by storm. We bring you the cliff notes. What to eat. What to avoid. Where to get information. It's all here in this easy to read Funadvice guide.