legalities of moving?

In Michigan is it legal to move out of state if you have sole physical and legal custody and have permission from the non-custodial parent without going to court?

Answer #1

It depends on the details of the arangement. You probably need to consult a lawyer.

In general though, if you have a signed and notarized statement from the other parent, you are free (Make sure it’s notarized!). Such a statement is considered a legal contract.

More Like This

Parents & Family

Parenting, Marriage, Childcare

Ask an advisor one-on-one!

Forge Legal

Family Law, Business Law, Wills & Estates


Hirsch Legal, LLC

Family Law, Legal Services, Divorce Law


Resolute Document Preparation

Legal Document Preparation, Divorce/Family Law, Mobile Notary


Stepparent Adoption Forms

Legal Services, Family Law, Adoption Services


Ascent Law

Legal Services, Divorce Law, Family Law