Can you go to jail for hacking someone's accounts online?

Recent Questions Computers & Tech  Add Answer

It depends on the country where you are living, it depends on the person whose account you have hacked and it depends the level of hicking.

Here in the US it's going to depend on the cops, prosecutor, judge, the severity of the case ect. When you think about it, it's OBVIOUSLY wrong, so when people do it, they should expect to be punished.

My MySpace account was hacked into, what to do?

I don't think you can go to jail for , say , hacking a profile on Facebook , unless it has secret stuff that the public can't know . You may get fined for hacking famous people and such. I've never heard of people actually going to jail for that.
What I have heard is that you can go to jail for hacking into government webites and releasing data from it. So, it does depend where you live and what youve hacked.

How to shop online using my checking account?

i would love to hack in someones computer too.... but yes you can get into trouble for doing it if the person find out and decide to press charges.

What to do if someone hacked onto my AIM account?

i would love to hack in someone computer too.... but yes you can get into trouble for doing it if the person find out and decide to press charges.

Can I hack my boyfriend's account?