How do yeast infections happen?

Yeast infections are very common in women so I think it's just something that naturally happens, I don't think anything specifically sets them off.

Many things can raise your risk of a vaginal yeast infection, such as:

stress
lack of sleep
illness
poor eating habits, including eating extreme amounts of sugary foods
pregnancy
having your period
taking certain medicines, including birth control pills, antibiotics, and steroids
diseases such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV/AIDS
hormonal changes during your periods

Can I still get fingered and/or licked by my boyfriend if there is a 50% possibility that I have a yeast infection?

well.. there are several ways.. biggest one is wiping back to front instead of front to back.. wearing underwear more than once without washing them.. sharing underwear.. taking some prescription medications that are in the pennicilin family.. and not rinsing off all the soap when you wash yourself

How would I tell my Mom I think I have a yeast infection?

Yeast (candida albican is found in the back of the pharynx,gut, vagina,and skin. Yeast lives well in warm,acidic environments and when certain contributing factors occur. (such as listed by Stevenoo) cause a high glycogen content in the vagina which the yeast feasts on and causes an over abundance of yeast leading to infection. Some items Stevenoo listed such as antibiotics wipe out the bacteria in the vagina that normally keep the yeast at low levels and again the yeast thrives
Yeast infections can be acquired through sexual intercourse. If you have a yeast infection your partner should be treated along with you prevent reinfection

Yeast infection?