How to increase sound?

Hi, I have a new laptop, and sometimes, I have to hold it up to my ear, to hear, esp. if something else is running in the room, like the tv. I have the sound up as far as it will go, and whatever program I am trying to listen to, is up all the way too, is there anything else I can do to increase the volume... or do I maybe have a defect in my laptop??

Also, I have aol and I can't see the pictures in the news stories... I can click on them, and they will open into another box, and then, I can see them, is there anything I can tweak... so that they will appear, when the screen opens???

There is a note under them saying to disable my pop up blocker... not sure how to do that, or if I should... I do not like popups.

okay this happened too me one time...
-your going to go to start
-then go to control pannel
-then your going to want to go click on sounds, speech, and audio Devices.
-then click on sounds and audiodevices
-then youll see the sounds and audio devices prpertiees[the thing that pops up]
-and your gna stay in the volume section[which is shown at then top of the box that -popeed up]
-then click the FRIST advanced...
-and make sure that the volume control is all the way up
-and the wave is all the way up
-the sw synth, CD audio, and Mic in volume ALWAYS stay on high!

Thank you, I greatly appreciate your help.
I went thru all the steps, and everything appeared to be set right.

I have noticed that some things... are at the right level to hear... others are not...
so, maybe I just have to live with it???

This is my first laptop, so, I have no idea, if anything is wrong with it or if this is normal.

also, another problem that I have had, is the news pictures on the home page, do not appear, underneath it says to disable pop up blocker...

however, I do not want pop ups ...

is there a way to fix this???

Computer Soundcard.

Call the manufacturor

Spy Gear

sound increase

Lose weight with the Keto Diet

End the confusion on this diet that's taking the world by storm. We bring you the cliff notes. What to eat. What to avoid. Where to get information. It's all here in this easy to read Funadvice guide.