How can you prevent skin cancer?
What are the risk factors for skin cancer?
A number of things may put you at higher risk of having skin cancer some day:
* Having fair skin, red or blond hair
* Having light-colored eyes
* Sunburning easily
* Having many moles, freckles or birthmarks
* Working or playing outside
* Being in the sun a lot as a child
* Having had a serious sunburn
* Having family members with skin cancer
* Tanning in the sun or with a sunlamp
Tips on preventing skin cancer
* Avoid the sun, especially from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., when the sun's rays are the strongest.
* Don't use tanning booths or sunlamps.
* Wear protective clothing and hats.
* Check your skin yourself every month for signs of skin cancer.
* If you see an area on your skin that looks unusual, ask your family doctor about it.
This is excerpt from a Google Search, Familydoctor.org website...
http:// familydoctor. org /online/ famdocen/ home/ common/ cancer/risk/ 159. html
1 way to prevent skin cancer is wear sunscreen even if your in the car because the glass just magnifies the suns rays and makes them stronger and especially wear sunscreen in the winter because the snow has nearly the same effect as glass exept the suns rays reflect off of the snow!!!