Okay like I've been wanting to be in a beauty pagent like the one's on tv!!! And if anyone knows what I need or what I need to do like I want to know every singel little thing like like what kind pictures do you need? And what is casuel wear like could do you just walk up in jeans and a t???
You're young so you should start getting involved in local pageants for "Miss Teen"
First you'll need a platform. A topic that really matters and you are passionate about.
You should begin being active with your platform.
Then you need to have a form of talent. Singing, playing an instrument, dancing etc. This is the highest percentage of your score.
You'll also need to start being in shape. Swimsuit shows how athletic you are which requires discipline for yourself.
You will also need to choose evening wear to present yourself elegantly and display your poise.
The Miss America pageant system is way more rewarding than the Miss USA pageant system in my opinion.
Here is the judging criteria:
1) Personal Interview In the Personal Interview portion of the competition each contestant converses with the judges on a variety of topics, from frivolous trivia to serious political and social issues. The contestant is awarded points for being well spoken, polite, articulate, and confident. This competition is less known by the general public than other aspects of the pageant, since unlike the other three, it does not take place on a theater stage, nor is it usually televised. The Personal Interview counts for 25 percent of the contestant's overall score.
2) Talent In the Talent portion of the competition the contestant performs on stage before the judges and an audience. The most common talents are singing or dancing, but a variety of other talents may be exhibited at the contestant's choosing; some have demonstrated juggling, playing musical instruments, ventriloquism, quick-draw painting; one even chose to demonstrate the proper way to pack a suitcase. The Talent portion of the competition counts for 35% of the contestant's overall score.
3) Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit In the Swimsuit portion of the competition contestants walk on the stage in swimsuits and high-heeled shoes. The Miss America pageant regulates certain minimum standards of modesty the swimwear must comply with. Judging for this portion of the competition focuses on overall physical fitness, poise and posture. Until recently, the contestants were required to wear identical, somewhat dated, one-piece suits. Recently, the organization has allowed contestants to choose their own more revealing two-piece suits, bikinis, or more modern one-piece suits. In 1996 the pageant held a phone-in poll asking the public to weigh in on whether or not the Swimsuit competition should be continued. A staggering 87% voted to retain the swimsuit portion. The Swimsuit competition counts for 15% of the contestant's overall score.
4) Evening Wear In the Evening Wear portion of the competition, the contestants are judged on poise and bearing as they walk across the stage. The Evening Wear portion of the competition counts for 20% of the contestant's overall score.
5) Onstage Question During the Evening Wear competition the contestants are asked a random question from a pre-determined list that they must then answer onstage with no preparation. Questions are topical and usually involve current events. The questions require the contestant to have knowledge of the event and provide an opinion. The Onstage Question counts for 5% of the contestant's total score
Casual-wear is no longer a category for Miss America pageant systems
Hope this helps!