I have gained a lot of weight and could use some help on diets and wrkouts i could try out
Don't trust those "fad" diets you see in magazines. Reason being is that those diets are usually meant for the average person, which is between 150-180lb., so following them will not be a smart idea.
The best diet is the one that you create yourself based on your required number of calories, required intake of fats, carbs, and proteins, and your availability of meal scheduling.
Rules to follow:
1. Know your maintenance calories and the deficit you should be in to lose weight.
2. If you decrease one nutrient, you must increase another to balance it out.
3. Fats are essential. Aim for .3-.5g/lb. of healthy fat (oats, eggs, beef, chicken, turkey, nuts, olive/sunflower/peanut oil)
4. Unless you're familiar with ketosis (converting fat lipids into fuel) and how it works, keep carbs to 20-30% of your daily caloric intake
5. Protein helps preserve muscle you have and aid in fat-burning because it takes more energy to digest protein than carbs. Aim for 1g-1.2g/lb.
6. Meal timing. If you consume carbs, make them mostly complex throughout the day. This means that the body takes longer to digest them thus, keeping you fuller longer. ONLY consume simple carbs in the morning to restore glycogen levels and cause insulin spike to feed the body rapidly, and after working out to restore the levels again.
For exercise, anything will work as long as you're in a deficit of calories. The best ways I found to lose fat quicker was through heavy weight training because by doing reps in the 4-6 range, you're requiring more energy to be released to lift heavier, whereas being in the 12-15 range requires less energy, but you'll get the same effect just from doing it longer. Apart from weight training, cardio is good. I never ran much when I was losing fat, but I made it a routine to do cardio 3 times a week and two days of that was intense cardio and one day was very light cardio. Exercise is a difficult one to assign for you because I don't know if you do any sort of weights or cardio. Most people don't go to gym, so plyometrics and calisthenics is common.
eat whatever you want ,, stop any kind of Soda ..
and stop eating after 6 pm // this really works with me ;)