Why will it take 40 hours to download pictures?

I need pics of grandkids but my computer says it will take 40 hours to download what do I do ?

Recent Questions Computers & Tech  Add Answer

Yes putting them there to see is a good idea. If J's mom wants a hard copy she can have the kids send them to a wal+mart album and then she can order the ones she wants from the album and they will print them out for her in an hours time.
Sue

The problem is that it's a mac photo gallery which my mom can't download the pics from, and it's on a web site where all the thumbnails have to load at once before you can see anything &s he's on a dial up connnection :(

Lemme see if I can get her to email you some pictures :)

How can I display more pictures and graphs with Firefox?

Dear janet,
This is depending on how you're downloading them and from what? Are they on a CD, zip drive etc. then they should open in a graphic viewer without a wait...if you want to copy them to your hard drive try doing a few at a time. If you give it a few minutes you may see it go from 40hrs. to 5 min. The computer reads it as one lump sum at first then adjusts.
Sue...good luck

How to blur a picture?

Try uploading the photos to www.photobucket.com and then she can copy them with out having to download them.
Oh Hi Jeremy's Mom. . .

Should I push save or open when downloading?

I think your children should be able to send yousomething that won't take quite so long to download. (hi mom) :)

How can I put pictures on my computer with my scanner?