How do I explain to my parents that I'm moving out?

Home More advice Parents & Family

I've been with my boyfriend for two years now and we have recently been talking about me moving in with him. I'm 19 and he is 18 and we were going to just stay at his parents house as a tester to see how we would cope in the situation, and if all goes well then we are going to look for our own place together.
My parents are very overly protective and controlling and have never liked my boyfriend, just because I'm with him. And when I say controlling I mean in the way that my mum tells me to do something for myself and when I do she pushes me out of the way and takes over, and even though im 19 she panics at the thought of me going out drinking with friends and tries to stop me. So this is also so I can get some independence of my own.

But I really don't know how to explain the fact that I want to move in with him to my parents without hurting them or causing a huge argument. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with this, thank you.