im 17 and im regnant am I emancipated or do I need to go through the process of emancipation how do I go about doing that?
First of all is there a specific reason you want to give up your parents legal rights? You should really consider this before going through the process which I have outlined below. Do you have sufficient support other than your parents to raise a healthy child into this world? The emancipation only covers certain things such as medical care, going to school or applying for a work permit. This process will only hinder your relationship with your parents if not for sufficient reason.
There is a website you might want to visit that outlines what I have layed out here if yo decide to go through it. Please I urge you to speak to a trusted adult before going through with it.
How do I get emancipated?
There are 3 ways to get emancipated:
1. Get married. You need permission from your parents and the court.
2. Join the armed forces. You need permission from your parents, and the armed forces must accept you.
Get a declaration of emancipation from a judge. To get a declaration of emancipation, you have to prove ALL of these things:
* You are at least 14 years old.
* You don't want to live with your parents. Your parents don't mind if you move out.
* You can handle your own money.
* You have a legal way to make money.
* Emancipation would be good for you.
Click here to learn about the steps get a declaration of emancipation.
Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Good Luck, and Congratulations!
If you are still in highschool, tlak to a guidance counselor.
They'll tell you where to go to get emancipated.
You need to go through the process. I hope you reconsider unless you are being abused.