Do I need counseling?

Home More advice Sex

About 5 months have passed since the last time I spoke to a counsellor because I had an incident where I tried to hurt myself by drinking loads of pills all at once. I didn't stop conselling because I didn't need it anymore but just thought I didn't. My parents also thought I didn't really need it. Lately I've been thinking and wishing for an accident to happen to me. I don't have the guts to kill myself but almost tried hurting myself again by drinking loads of pills.

-I'm going to college and doing ok in my lessons but know I can do much better. I'm in a program I'm not sure I like but can't change because I'll be changing programs again for the 2nd time and also don't know what I would change to because I don't know what I would like to study or am good in. I wish I was studying something I liked and was good in it.
-I have a few close friends but wish I had more, and had a better and closer friendship.
-I'm alomost 20 years old and have never been in a relationship or even been asked out on a date. Why? There are so many other girls out there that are way worse than I am looks wise, character wise,... and are noticed, liked, loved,... And I know it's not because I'm shy because again there are other girls out there that are way more shy than I am and are liked,...
-There are days where I overeat like crazy. No one has ever seen me. I'm lucky I'm not overweight but better stop this bad habit soon before that starts changing and I start putting on weight. I've been trying for a long time to stop but haven't succeeded.
-This is really embarassing to say but I will anyway. There are times where I look for pictures or videos to watch of people kissing, sometimes being naked, and sometimes sex. Only the counsellor I used to talk to knows I do this and thank goodness nobody has ever seen me but it is a terrible habit, millions of times worse than the overeating that I have to stop doing. I've been trying for a long time to stop but just can't. Why? What is wrong with me? I'm crazy.
-I should be doing driving lessons and aiming to get my driver's license because right now I'm depending on my family to take me here and there and don't have the freedom I would have if I could drive because the public transportation in the place I'm at sucks, and am not as motivated as I wish I was and should be.

These are my major problems that I can't seem to be able to fix on my own. I've been trying and trying. I know I don't want to kill or hurt myself although I keep thinking about it and it seems like I wish I did, if that makes sense. And I know that the fact that I want to help myself is good but don't know how. I need counselling don't I? I shouldn't have stopped right? How do I tell my parents because they think I'm really happy now and that everything is fine.