Everything is all right.
1. Make full use of your broadband. If you use Windows XP Professional, it is possible for you to squeeze an extra 20% out of your internet connection. By default, Windows XP Pro holds back 20% of your broadband for its own purpose, for example, windows update and spyware checks. If you want to 20% increase internet speed, please make the following changes:
1. Go to Start-> Run-> and type "gpedit.msc" to access Group Policy Editor.
2. Expand the "Administrative Templates" branch.
3. Expand the "Network" tab.
4. Highlight "QoS Packet Scheduler".
5. Click on "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" and check the enabled box
6. Then Change the "Bandwidth limit %" to 0 %
After saving the modification and rebooting, you should see a noticeable improvement when browsing the website.
2. Check your startup list to make sure that you do not run too many unwanted programs in background. Once there are many programs running in background, lots of system resources will be taken of, resulting in insufficient system resources when trying to browse the websites. So to increase Internet speed, do remember to go to Start ->Run ->and then "msconfig" to get into System Configuration Utility to disable the unneeded startup items within "Startup" tab.
3. Optimize Windows registry. Currently, Broadband network is widely used, but some broadband users are not satisfied with the web browsing speed, upload and download speed. Actually, an optimization on the Windows registry helps to easily to get faster Internet speed because it will fix the registry errors, correct unwanted Active X errors/ Empty registry keys and so on so as to get rid of the mysterious error messages.
It is highly recommended to use some optimization tools (http://funadvice.com/r/bj79f3ubkl9) to optimize your speed of Internet and clean some disused Internet Explorer plug-ins to speed up Internet surfing
It may be a modem or connection problem,you can check it by calling your ISP.
To increase internet speed manually you can follow the tips below:
To increase your internet speed
>You can use latest version of Firefox,or Google chrome or Opera browser.These are good browsers.
>Reset your modem and router or unplug them and replug it or switch off the modem and switch on it again daily twice.
>Try to avoid many downloads simultaneously.
>While watching videos online like Metacafe or you tube you can wait until the video buffers and then watch it.Avoid downloading while watching videos.
>You internet security software it helps to protect the PC or laptop from internet threats .If these will affect your PC or Laptop ,the system speed will get reduce.So browsers get crashes again and again,you cannot browse fast.
>You can use necessary addons only in Firefox.
>Clear cookies and browsing history in browsers daily.
Follow these steps it will helps to increase your dial up or any internet connection speed.
But your internet plan also need to be good.If you are using very slow speed connection,you can contact your ISP and upgrade your plan.Even after followed these steps your internet speed slow means you can contact your ISP and inform the problem.They will fix this.To check internet uploading and downloading speed i would suggest the site Scanmyspeed.com here you can check speed in Mbps and MBps.
Thank you alex.I am using Windows xp 07 But it did not work.Like when i expand network tab there was no Qos packet sche.
I don't know but when i was there 6 mths ago internet was supeeeer slowww maybe it's the service provider there.
It is till not working.It only show 5kb/sec my god.I am living in hell.
try the cyber places they might be fast.