I feel overweight but I cannot stop myself about eating. I always eat, even in the nights and even I know that its not healthy. any advices for me to stop myself?
@Selen, I used to have pretty bad acne problems! And weight problems, I went through hell with my weight. I can understand that "addiction" with picking at your acne. It's really got to stop though! I makes things much worst. My skin got a whole lot better after I started to eat better and stopped using so much product on it. I had stopped using any sort of foundation/concealer/powder on my acne, even though I used to use some pretty good expensive stuff like bareessentuals. Now I never wear anything on my face. Recently I switched to a gentler cleanser and my skin became even better.
My suggestions to you is to
1. Stop picking at your acne (I know how much will-power that takes)
2. Try to use less product on your face, a lot of these products will clog your pores, even the really good ones.
3. Find a cleanser that works for you, you might think the harsher the cleanser the better it is. Wrong. If you use a cleanser that is too harsh for your skin, you end up drying out your skin and irritating it and then in turn, your skin will produce more oil which will clog up your pores and cause more acne. It's a viscous cycle. So look around for different cleansers, you might have to go through a few.
4. If your acne is really horrible (it doesn't look bad from your pictures though) then going to a dermatologist might be your best bet.
5. Eat healthy, cut back on the fried junk foods, eat more wholesome foods. Drink plenty of water and green tea (green tea is loaded with anti-oxidants which flush toxins out, great for acne)
6. No skipping meals, you end up binging. Eat all your meals just smaller portions with a small snack in between each meal.
7. Exercise! It's a great way to watch your weight AND a most excellent stress buster. Whether you go to the gym or exercise at home it is still effective.
I do this a lot myself! Figure out for yourself why you are always eating. Is it stress? Emotional eating? Boredom? From there you will know your triggers and can find ways to stop it. Also, if you must snack, snack healthy! Fill your fridge or pantry with healthy foods that way when you feel that absolute need to snack, at least it's healthy! I find that it helps if I drink plenty of water, that way it fills me up and I don't have an appetite to eat. Make sure you are not skipping meals that would surely be a reason you are binging at random times. When you do eat your full meals, make sure you eat things that are filling like foods that are full of protein or fibre.
yes yes yes! I have loads of stress, I always think about problems and I start to hate myself when I cannot solve them. when I feel like that I start to eat or squeeze my acnes (thats the reason that my face is like a minefield right now) :( do you have any ideas for my situation? at least about my acne squeezing problem because when I start I cannot stop myself and it seems worse than being fat I think...
I have the same problem! Generally there is some underlying psychological problem. Stress can do it. Worrying can do it.
andrew i wish it was as easy as you think...
When you feel like eating.... Don't.