What are some of the most common methods used to cope with stress?
1. Recognize your symptoms of stress
2. Look at your lifestyle and see what can be changed -- in your work situation, your family situation, or your schedule
3. Use relaxation techniques - yoga, meditation, deep breathing, or massage
4. Exercise - Physical activity is one of the most effective stress remedies around!
5. Time management - Do essential tasks and prioritize the others. Consider those who may be affected by your decisions, such as family and friends. Use a check list so you will receive satisfaction as you check off each job as it is done
6. Watch your diet - Alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fats and tobacco all put a strain on your body's ability to cope with stress. A diet with a balance of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and foods high in protein but low in fat will help create optimum health. Contact your local branch of the Heart and Stroke Foundation for further information about healthy eating
7. Get enough rest and sleep
8. Talk with others - Talk with friends, professional counsellors, support groups or relatives about what is bothering you
9. Help others - Volunteer work can be an effective and satisfying stress reducer
10. Get away for awhile - Read a book, watch a movie, play a game, listen to music or go on vacation. Leave yourself some time that's just for you
11. Work off your anger - Get physically active, dig in the garden, start a project, get your spring cleaning done
12. Give in occasionally - Avoid quarrels whenever possible
13. Tackle one thing at a time - Don't try to do too much at once.
14. Don't try to be perfect
15. Ease up on criticism of others
16. Don't be too competitive
17. Make the first move to be friendly
18. Have some fun!! Laugh and be with people you enjoy!
People deal with stress differently...
exercise or do other physical activities like sports/biking/rock climbing etc, yoga...
talk to friends/family
manage your time better so you have less stress...
stress is all mental so think about it differently...
take some time out to do something you enjoy...