What does :3 or =3 mean?

I see the smiley EVERYWHERE and I just can't figure out what :3 means!

That's about 3 different answers already =/

freaked out

When is the playstation 3 coming out?

Like scared or puzzeled.

Sims 3 rating

It's a smiley to represent a cat face. Used when after saying something cute, sarcastic, or funny.

Service Pack 3?

=/ I don't think it's supposed to really be a cat. It doesn't look like one. It probably means some kind of emotion and somehow it got on that it looks like a cat (even though it doesn't)

How do I combine 3 videos into one on youtube?

look at it side on
tilt your head to the left a lttle
can you see a face?
there just one that look "cute" like a cat
I dont particuarly like those smily faces
I use ones like :]

Internet on sidekick 3

It looks like an arse to me

How to get Player 2 slayer in Halo 3?

LOL this one seems tricky. For me it'a a guy with mustache. means dont kiss that guy (:=D who cares? I dont care. I type haha/Kk/jaja/ :D Done.

what does <3 means

=3 is a penis and a ball sac, but with the head chopped off, as if in some tragic and painful mishap with a can opener.
:3, though, is completely different: the can opener hit the base of the penis, and only a tiny bit is left of it. Dots are simply shorter Lines. Hope that helps!

How do you take screenshots on a computer? :3

lol
well me and my boyfriend use it as *kiss/peck* etc
hahahaha

What does 'reset statistics' mean on the iPhone 3?

I thought and used it as a kiss one myself, someone sends it to me I just return it back to em

How to change your ringtone on Samsung Galaxy 3?

well, you see
it's actually
ERIN VERBOOM.

a chipmunk with its cheeks full of lots of yummy nuts

I call it a walrus face, but I do recognize it goes after something quirky or clever.

no no no no no no no no no no no
you guys are all morons for looking this up in the first place.. its obviously a cat :D

I dont know either I see it evreywhere!!!
It doesnt look like a cat at all!
I just thought wrong the firs time I saw it!!!
its more like eyes and boobs!
I dont see how a cat looks like that B|

/facepalm

*sigh* To put the record straight, it IS supposed to be a cat face, for the effect of being cute or clever. Check out urbandictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%3A3

Its like a cat smiley face.. look at it side on. it looks like a cat smiley face.
I personally dont like those smiley faces.. like :] =] :3... I like the common one :) its the best!!!

it means heart .. or love ... turn your head to the right and you will see it

like i <3 u

I always thought that it was a pouty expression, like they were pooching their lips out if they don't get their way, or don't understand something...that's how I use it.

Kinda like octopus lips...
don't know what that is? Google it.

Ok... I just made this account.. Couldn't stand all you getting the wrong idea about :3 or =3 ... This is actually a very old emoticon, even though it wasn't one when you knew it. It surfaced in the early years of 4chan, to describe dislike with something posted. =3 is a symbol for balls. so is this :3.... so when you think it's a cat face for cute ur showing.. its actually some virtual balls.. I'm proud of you son...