I would have to say it's always a 50 % chance in any marriage...
People forget that a marriage itself is a 50 -50 thing...if one is putting out 90% while the other barely does 10% and refuses to change that then there are bound to be issues either or in one's favor!
Once you add betrayal or lack of trust, add some abuse(even verbal or emotional) and you simply have your work cut out for ya...
Some feel if it is not that bad more of a 60 -40 percent in the marriage that some counseling might help bring that back to 50 -50...but once your significant other refuses to work with ya even half way then there is nothing left to salvage...even with or without kids...in their mind its been over & now its their chance to get out & perhaps try to make a fresh start if & when they see fit!
I hope I was able to clarify that! :)
Depending on which country these stats are from. In Australia, second marriages tend not to last as long as the first. There is a 7 year myth where marriages either end or continue after the 7th year. People living in defacto before they get married tend to divorce not long after being married. (a paper must whipped away freedom for some!!) Based on an article I read on heraldsun.com.au, 6 out 10 couples wished they never got married as the sex dies down after you "place a ring on it". :-O
i think it all depends on the person and the reasons why some people stay married for life some dont thats just the way life is. but people do usually get divorced after 6mnths of divorse but i would say that was at least 30%
It's more about at what age you get married than whether it is your first marriage. Statistics show that people who marry older generally have longer lasting marriages than those that get married young or too young.
If that is true it kinda sucks. And I guess it depends on the people and how commited they are and how much they are willing to fight for the one they love. Cheesy I know but its true.
For first marriages, I've read previously that it is 70% in the United States. No idea for the other two types of marriage though.
Those numbers seem a little exaggerated, in my opinion. Do you have a reliable source that states they are accurate?
and there why im never getting married, what a waste of time unless your needing a new toaster
http://funadvice.com/r/3kmtjnhbrb not sure how reliable:(
The first one is. But the others seem a little too high.
Something like that, yeah.