What are the health risks when having a baby when you're a teenager?
jeas, it's better to get children younger, but NOT for a teenager who is still developing. The ideal age to have children would probably be in your early 20's
as for the questions. the health risks for teenagers mothers and their babies.
Health risk for the teenage mother:
* The death rate from pregnancy complications is much higher among girls who give birth under age 15 than among older mothers.
* The teenage mother is more likely to be undernourished and suffer premature or prolonged labor.
* During the first three months of pregnancy; seven out of ten pregnant teenagers do not see a doctor or go to a clinic.
* Poor eating habits, smoking, alcohol and drugs increase the risk of having a baby with health problems.
Health Risks for the baby
Babies born to teenagers often are born too small, too soon. Low birth weight babies may have the following:
* Immature organ systems (brain, lungs, heart).
* Difficulty controlling body temperature and blood sugar levels.
* Mental retardation.
* A risk of dying in early infancy that is much higher than among normal weight babies (5 1/2 pounds or more).
As far as health risks to the baby go, it actually is better to have babies younger. Some risks and complications could be premature birth, having to get a c-section, but these are risks even older people have. Although if you keep having unprotected sex, or you use recreational drugs there are so many more things that can and will go wrong, Just as long as you are healthy, and take care of yourself over the next few months the baby will most likely be fine.
-May have to drop out of school
-Get a babysitter for the baby
-Get a job to support it
-Take it home in the middle of school if they tell you to
The list goes on.
I meant the health risks to the baby
thnx jaes and ifeelcrazy123