How do I get good skin
Alrighty, certified skincare specialist here... and here's my advice.
First of all, there are a few things that I need to know about your skin. Are you oily/combo/dry? If you are oily, do you breakout? If you breakout - is it hormonal, stress or just your the nature of your skin? If you are dry, do you find yourself getting red and irritated very easily? So many factors come into play when addressing skincare issues because people can have a variety of kinds of "bad skin" for a plethora of different reasons. People can even have the same skin ailment but have it for different reasons.
What I have found to be the absolute BEST products on the market for skincare are as follows (and this will be good for ALL skin types and conditions):
1. wash face with RareMinerals Dry Facial Cleanser by BARE ESCENTUALS (the cleanser is kind of strange, it IS in a powder form... get your face wet, pour like... a dime sized amount of the powder onto your hands, get your hands a little moist and the powder will turn into more of a cream and this is what you want to wash your face with) - so wash and rinse, avoid hot or cold water, lukewarm water for skincare is always best.
2. apply BARE ESCENTUALS Skin Rever-Upper - this is a gentle exfoliating lotion that - for drier skin types - will exfoliate without irritation; and - for oilier skin types - will unclog your pores and exfoliate that ruddy top layer of skin without irritation.
3. MOISTURIZE! IT IS A MYTH THAT OILY SKIN TYPES SHOULD NOT USE MOISTURIZER! IF YOU ARE OILY, DEPRIVING YOUR SKIN OF MOISTURE IS JUST GOING TO MAKE IT PRODUCE MORE OIL BECAUSE IT'S TRYING TO COMPENSATE FOR THE DEHYDRATION THAT YOU ARE CAUSING IT! There are plenty of oil-free moisturizers. Best one I can recommend is by Boscia, and it's the Oil-Free Daily Moisturizer SPF-15. If you are more on the dry side, especially during the winter, use the Vital Daily Moisture - also by Boscia. I use the SPF-15 in the spring and summer, and the Vital in the fall and winter. Combination skin types - take your pick!
1. CLEANSE (same cleanser you used this morning)
2. Vitamin A (retinol) is a really great anti-aging/antioxidant-rich and "smoothing" product for the skin, but you CANNOT USE anything with vitamin A or retinol in it and then go outside because it makes your skin SUPER SUN SENSITIVE!!! Trust me on this one, I learned the hard way! A great product line I'd recommend is MD Formulations and use something within their Vit-A-Plus line, depending on your skintype and skin concerns.
3. Yup, you guessed it - moisturize! I like to use a heavier, richer moisturizer at night, so I use the Boscia still, but instead of the Vital or the Daily SPF-15, I use the Night Recovery... this is FANTASTIC for drier or combination skin types, but it is NOT oil-free. Oilier skin types should STILL use a night moisturizer, and in this case, I'd suggest using anything that you used in the AM as long as it's SPF-free.
1. Once or twice a week, you want to do either a physical or chemical exfoliation to keep your skin smooth and gleaming. I like the MD Formulations peel pads or the Micro-Delivery Peel by Philosophy. I use the peel pads probably 3 times a week and the Micro-Delivery once a week, but I'm a model with combination skin, I'm constantly taking off and putting various kinds of makeup and paint on my face, so it needs a little more deep cleaning and exfoliation than most people's skin will.
2. Twice a week, do a moisture mask. My favorite: Peter Thomas Roth's Moisture Mask... it's green, you keep in the fridge, use it twice a week - all skin types - excellent.
Alright, well, believe it or not, that's the short version. Anymore questions, feel free to hit me up :)
-Avoid Greasy Foods (causes acne)
-Do NOT pop pimples - it leaves scars on your face.
-Never sleep with makeup on - it clogs your pores and causes bad skin
-Use a mild soap for your face - nonscented is prefered.
-Remove dead skin cells regularly by exfoliating
-Use products (proactive, clearasil, etc)
-Keep your hair off your face - it causes acne.
-Wash your pillow case every week.
- eat fruits and vegetables... esp fruits rich in vit. c.. serves as antioxidant.
- have enough sleep.. during sleep... cells renew
- drink lots of water.It flushes toxins that can make you look old
-drink tomato juice
ooh. I have always had acne and I started using proactiv but it was taking too long to work. Then I bought that vibrating massager by nuetrogena and put some proactiv on the scrub pad and it cleared my skin in 3 days!!!