Nagykanizsa

Nagykanizsa (Croatian: Velika Kaniža, German: Großkirchen, Großkanizsa, Turkish: Kanije) is a city in Hungary in the centre of the Somogy-Zala hills lying between the western corner of the Lake Balaton and the Croatian and Slovenian border. At the same time this pulsing border town with its 55.

145 things to do

All Places Hungary



Nagykanizsa Bus Station

[http://www.enykk.hu/data/files/menetrendek/menetrend_nk.pdf Local transport schedule]. - Long distance buses: Ajka (six per day, two hours), Alsópáhok (hourly more), Aszófő (eight), Ábrahámhegy (seven), Badacsony (ten per day, one and half hours), Szigliget (six per day, one and half hours), Bak (ten), Balatonakali (six), Balatonalmádi (three), Balatonboglár (three per day, cca. one and half hours), Balatonederics (ten), Balatonfüred (six+), Balatonfüzfő (two), Balatongyörök (hourly), Balatonlelle (three), Balatonmáriafürdő (three), Balatonrendes (six+), Balatonszentgyörgy (hourly), Balatonszepezd (six), Balatonudvari (six), Bánokszentgyörgy (hourly), Becehegy (hourly), Becsehely (hourly), Bikal (daily), Bocska (four), Bonyhád (two), Böhönye (hourly), Budapest (hourly), Celldömölk (daily), Cserszegtomaj (six), Csesztreg (six+), Csopak six), Csörnyeföld (four), Csurgó (four), Devecser (six), Dióskál (six), Dobogómajor (five), Dunaföldvár, Egeraracsa (five), Egervár (three), Esztergályhorváti (six), Fakospuszta (five), Felsőbáránd major (hourly), Felsőpáhok (hourly), Fenékpuszta (four), Fonyód (three), Galambok (hourly), Garabonc (five), Gellénháza (hourly), Gelse (three), Gyenesdiás (half hourly), Győr (four), Hagyárosbörönd (three), Hahót (hourly), Hegyesd (four), Herend (two), Hévíz (every twenty minutes), Inke (three), Kapolcs (four), Kaposvár (hourly), Karmacs (hourly), Káld (two), Kálócfa (three), Kám (daily), Káptalanfa (three), Kecskemét (daily), Kehidakustyány (five), Kemendollár (hourly), Kerkabarabás (three), Kerkeszentkirály (three), Keszthely (every twenty minutes), Kéthely (hourly), Kópháza (three), Kozmadombja (three), Körmend (six), Kőszeg (three), Lenti (half hourly), Lesenceistvánd (five), Lesencetomaj (five), Letenye (hourly), Lispeszentadorján (three), Lovászi (four), Lövő (three), Magyarszerdahely (three), Magyarszentmiklós (five), Marcali (hourly), Máriahegy (four), Meggyeserdő, (three), Mélykút (three), Mihályfa (hourly), Mikekarácsonyfa (three), Misefa (three), Monostorapáti (four), Mór (daily), Mórahalom (three), Nagyatád (four), Nagybajom (three), Nagycenk (three), Nagygörbő (four), Nagyhorváti (three), Nagykapornak (hourly), Nagylengyel (five), Nagyrada (five), Nagyvázsony (four), Nemeshany (three), Nemesnép (three), Nemesrádó (four), Nikla (three), Noszlop (four), Nyírád (five), Nyírlak (four), Óhid (four), Oroszlány (two), Öriszentpéter (three), Pacsa (hourly), Pakod (six), Paloznak (two), Páka (five), Pápa (four), Pertikeresztúr (five), Pécs (hourly), Pogányszentpéter (five), Rezi (daily), Révfülöp (five), Salomvár (three), Sárhida (five), Sármellék (five), Sárvár (three), Siófok (two), Somogyvár (two), Sopron (three), Söjtör (three), Sümeg (hourly), Szabadbattyán (two), Szajk Lakes (daily), Szeged (two), Szekszárd (daily), Szentgyörgyvár (hourly), Szentgyörgyvölgy (three), Szentliszló (three), Szentpéterúr (three), Székesfehérvár (five), Szigetvár (five), Szigliget (hourly), Szombathely (hourly), Tapolca (hourly), Tatabánya (three), Tornyiszentmiklós (four), Tótszentmárton (three), Tótvázsonyi (four), Törekpuszta (five), Türje (five), Vasvár (three), Várpalota (three), Várvölgy (four), Velemér (two), Veszprém (hourly), Vindornyafok (four), Vonyarcvashegy (half hourly), Zalaapáti (half hourly), Zalabaksa (five), Zalabér (half hourly), Zalacsány (half hourly), Zalacséb (three), Zalaegerszeg (three per hour!), Zalahaláp (three), Zalakaros (hourly), Zalakomár (three), Zalalövő (hourly), Zalaszabar (hourly), Zalaszántó (three), Zalaszentbalázs (hourly), Zalaszentgrót (half hourly), Zalaszentgrót / Aranyod (five), Zalaszentgyörgy (three), Zalaszentiván (eight), Zalaszentlászló (three), Zalaszentmárton (three), Zalaszentmihály (five), Zalatárnok (three), Zalaudvarnok (three), Zalavár (four), Zamárdi (two), Zágorhida (three), Zánka (seven). - All settlments of Zala and almost all Somogy County have daily bus connection with Nagykanizsa. (up to per day bus lines), in school season and on weekdays are more bus, except resort place (around Lake Balaton, and Termal Bath Town such as Hévíz, Zalakaros, Kehidakustány) where opposite way weekends, holidays are the most busy times in the bus transportation.


Thúry György Museum

Located in the oldest dwelling-house of town. It was built between 1705–12. It was owned by the Count Batthyány-family. For the construct used the bricks of remains of the Kanizsa Castle, therefor locals mentioned as the ducal castle. Two-story baroque building with arched gate and 'kváder' stony ground level. In the courtyard of the Museum is located under the protective roof,- an original Turkish Fountain, whose rectangular stone basin derived from Ottoman period's Kanizsa Castle. - Exhibitions: the history of the territory from the Little Balaton’s western basin to the river Mura from Neolithic till the Middle Ages. - The other part describes the region’s leading town, Nagykanizsa, focusing on its 18th century. - The empire furnishings of the Black Eagle drugstore were placed in a separate room, completely restored and first opened to the public. The exhibition has been made even more enjoyable through interactive computer programs. - There are shops on the street side.

SEE   —  Fő utca 5-7


The Assumption Roman Catholic Church

It was built in 1765. Also here is the parish building is erected in 1940's. Located on a rising ground. A free-standing, central, four-winged-shaped church. Eastern wing includes a stair tower linked to sanctuary and a square-shaped, low vestry. A 'Hussar' tower rises above the sacristy with an off-line tower helmet. In the central axis of West wing is the richly carved, gabled gate with a coat of arms of Festetics. The entrance of the vestry is with straight closure, rock ribbon framed. Over the entrance is an metal bent arched roof made. The central part of the church is domed. The wings are covered with quarter sphere vault. The new choir made in 1960's using reinforced concrete. - Murals: in the vaults figurative-symbolic painting can be see from second half of 20th century. Interior: typically 19-20th century; the benches made in the late 18th century. The altar table, Easter candle holder, baptismal font: 20th century.


Apartment building

Classicist styled merchant house. A U-shaped, one-story monument building with gable-roof. It was built around 1820. The street facade of its is closed with a triangular tympanum in middle part. In the central axis is an arched high, stone-framed gate with curb-stones so typical of merchant houses. The facade is decorated in fine simplicity. The hanging corridor of the courtyard facade leaning consoles. The ground-floor rooms ceilings are arched. The doorway part is arched and connecting to a three-arm staircase. The south wing of the main building later built to the original L-shaped building. In the second half of the 19th century this was the Gutmann merchant family residential house which was also the business headquarters of the company, office and warehouse. The Gutman family was famous all over Europe for their forest products. From 1952 to 2000 here was one of the departments of the Thury György Museum.

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 11


Nagykanizsa Train Station

The railway station of Nagykanizsa was built in accordance with the standard plans of the Austrian Southern Railway Society. - Trains from Budapest via Székesfehérvár, Siófok, Balatonlelle, Fonyód moving on the South Coast of the Lake Balaton. To Keszthely or Tapolca first must to take an eastbound train to Balatonszentgyörgy (41km) and there need to change for an other one. Toward west there are direct international trains via Murakeresztúr 14px to Ljubljana and via Gyékényes 14px to Zagreb. To North Szombathely (102km) via Zalaszentlőrinc (57km away, which is junction point to Zalaegerszeg plus 25km), To Sopron and Kőszeg must to change at Szombathely. Toward South: to Pécs (148 km) via Szigetvár (114 km) four-six per day. - Services: e-ticket collecting point, ticket machine, lifts for disabled, bus connection, disabled lavatory


Franciscan church of Alsóváros

Roman Catholic Franciscan church. Built between 1702-1704, it was rebuilt in 1760. Former military warehouse between 1787-1791 and 1806-1815. Tower was made in 1816. - A monument: #10964. - It is a built-in the Friary. A single nave, gabled church with straight closure shrine. The Bell Tower is at the northeast corner of its. The Friary's closed yards connected to the western and southern facade of the church. The entrance hall and chapel line attached to the eastern side of the nave. To the eastern side of the sanctuary is the foyer and the oratory. - The nave, the chapel and the shrine row covered vaulted by 'Czech Loaf'. - Inner part: Typically from the 18th century. The main side altars and the pulpit, around 1750-1760. The main altar, ordered by Count Lajos Batthyány Chancellor in 1747 a work from Franz Caspar Sambach.

SEE   —  Zárda utca


Roman catholic Parish House

It was former the Lackenbacher-House. - An L-shaped, one-story building. The street side is gabled, the wing of the court with half-gabled roof covered. The arched entrance gate located at Eastern end of the Street facade. In the Middle of the facade on the second floor can be see a wrought iron balcony with consoles. The facade decorated with plaster in romantic style. The ceilings of the ground-floor rooms are made mostly 'barrel-vault'. To the second floor a three-arm, vaulted staircase leading. Built in the 1860's by Heinrich Lackenbacher,- who was that time,- the main food dealer of the Austrian military. From 1898 it was owned by Fülöp Grünhut grain merchant (Deák tér 2 also was his property). Since1940 the building operates as parish hall of the R. C. Sacred Heart Church.

SEE   —  Deák tér 4

The Esplanade "Sétakert"

on 4 ha is the grandest park of the town. Opened in 1896 in honour of the Millenium. The first part built on farms of Kiskanizsa neigborhood. The founder Gyula Tripammer, himself planted in the garden, and nursed him until his death. - Since beginning of the 20th century it was a very lively park:Í every Sundays Gypsy music, military music and confectionery attracted the audience. The park named officially to "Tripammer Garden" by Town Assembly in 1927. But the locals allways called it as "Sétakert". From 1930 started to reduce the area of ​​the park, first built there the City Bath (Strandfürdő), and later to the construction of housing project MAORT also carved out some areas. - The ornamental ebtrance of its renovated in 2000.



Axenti-House

L-shaped, one-story building with gabled roof. The gate located in the Eastern edge's axis of the stret's facade. On the South facade of the courtyard wing is the Classicist grid lines hanging corridor decorated with the builder's monogram. The rooms in the northern wing of the ground floor covered by 'carapace' and 'barrel' vaults . The upstairs rooms are mat plane ceiling. The windows are made in the second half of the 19th century and early 20th century. György Axente, a Greek leather merchant, built in 1817. Between 1845-1872 operated on the floor the Savings Bank of Nagykanizsa. From 1891, here was a shop of Reichenfeld Gyula wholesaler. The main facade decorated by Deák Ferenc bust (György Fischer) 1997.

SEE   —  Deák tér 5.

Casino Building

A cultural association,founded in 1835. Every citizen of Kanizsa can be a member of its. In 1886, an imposing headquarters built to the membership. This is a eclectic corner building. The designer was the Viennese architect Ludwig Schöne. Build It by a local architect-contractor, Morandini. The Ceremonial Hall was the scene of countless theatrical performances and other social gatherings. Also there were reading-, lounge- a bowling- and two card-playing rooms. During World War I, used as a hospital. Later formed an exclusively club to the significant number of Nagykanizsa's Judaism community. Currently works as a casino for Army. A part of the original furniture preserves at the György Thúry Museum.

SEE   —  Ady u.7

Golden Deer Hotel

The famous Golden Deer Hotel and Restaurant in 1875 began to build by innkeeper György Knortzer. At the time, the Inn has worked in two buildings, in one was the hotel and the cafe and in the the other building was the restaurant. The 32-room inn has become one of the most modern hotels in the region. The main guests were princes, ministers, distinguished foreigners. In the late 1930s, the "Little Deer" inn worked here, led by Janos Hary. From 1942 to 1950 led by Joseph Szever here the prestigious 'Restaurant Szever'. After the nationalization of the restaurant,-for decades,- worked as the Rose Garden restaurant. - Today, http://www.muemlekem.hu/muemlek?id=-11236 shops can be find on the ground floor.

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 18

Coop supermarket

Supermarket chain. - More units: Medium Market,(Kinizsi u.102. Tel: +36 20 9627-504),- Medium Market vegyesbolt, (Templom tér 12. Tel: +36 93 319-102), - Tick-tock Grocery Stores, (Rózsa u. 1., Tel: +36 93 321-775), - No. 19. Forrás (Király u. 36. Tel: +36 93 537-061, +36 93 510-269), - Verseny ABC (Jakabkúti út 1., Tel: +36 93 319-329), - 106. sz. ABC (Olaj U. 27. Tel: +36 93 311-148), - No.103. ABC ( Platán sor 6., Tel: 93/311-401), - No.104. sz. ABC ( Erzsébet tér, 17., Tel: +36 93 311-557), - No.102. sz. ABC (Csengery u. 2., Tel: +36 93 312-051), - No.124. Supermarket (Hevesi u. 6. Tel: +36 93 314-387), - No.101. sz. ABC (Rózsa u. 3.,Tel: +36 93 314-445).

BUY   —  Hevesi Sándor utca

Former Home of Soldiers?

This is an L-shaped, one-story, gabled building. Top of the facade is Attica closed by attica. Itshas a triple arched entrance gate. There are some arched halls, barrel-vaulted corridors. The doorway decorated with Tuscan columns and domed cap. The three-arm staircase includes Tuscan half columns and columns. It was built in the 18th century as a manor inn, and still working here until 1850's the Green Tree inn (Zöldfa vendéglő). In 1860 transformed since then, it had been the Courthouse. It was an internment camp from 1943 to 1945. Since1952 using to elementary school. At the doorway is a László Csány plaque, 1998 (by János Beres).

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 9.

Hospital Chapel

The chapel built in 1931 (at the time of the global economic crisis), mainly from public donations. The main altar located originally at the chapel of St. Martin's hospital /today's casino site/. Designed by the city engineer Barnabas Vecsey. The altarpiece depicts St Martin, who sharing his coat with a beggar. - Part of the '''[http://www.viasanctimartini.eu/news/via-sancti-martini---saint-martin-european-cultural-route-organisational-structure Via Sancti Martin]''' (an European Cultural Highway ending/starting in Hungary, Szombathely and pass,-among others,- Nagykanizsa).

SEE   —  Kossuth tér

Alsóváros Franciscan Friary

This is a two-story, baroque Franciscan monastery. The main part of its a rectangular building, what enclosing a courtyard. There is also an L-shaped wing. The ceiling frescos of the spacious, richly decorated dining room are destroyed, the beautiful inlaid door now can be see in the Thury Museum. In the summer of 1950 the monks who are living here were deported to gulag. After that, initially, the monastery was home of the Miklos Zrinyi Boy Student Hostel later the Municipal Library moved to here. Now the building is back in to Franciscan property.

SEE   —  Ady Endre u. 14.

Reformed Church

Based on the plans of Vécsey Barnabas city engineer. Designed by Zoltan Kalmar. Built in Roman school style in 1934. A 28 m long simple buildings with narrow, semicircular windows. The 19 meters high rectangular tower without a helmet is on the left side of facade. The foyer located next to the tower connected with a wide, stone railing staircase. A tall narrow window and a clock can be seen on the upper part of the main facade's tower. Sanctuary from the south part with a church hall is connected. Above the entrance is the choir.

SEE   —  Kálvin tér

Insurance Palace

Here was the first General Insurance Company what is established in Nagykanizsa in 1857. The palace, was built at the beginning of 19th century, is one of the nicest buildings of the town today. Its style is a mixture of secession and eclectics. On the Fő street-facade of the harmoniously coloured building, level with the attic, there is a tympan with the emblem of the Insurance Company. Going downwards from the top of the building under the playfully disegned balconies there is a sudden shift into a much more simple style.

SEE   —  Csengery út 2.

Former Granary

Located in the yard. - There is a granary from the 18th century on the eastern side of the courtyard of the house at 15 Erzsébet Square. Its facade is topped with a tymphanon and the small stoneframed windows only slightly disrupt the evenness of the wallface. The historic origin of the iron gate is disputed. Now here is the Hungarian Poster House. Provides a steady place for poster exhibitions. The authentic rustic beams were preserved. and what’s more all who enter may admire a still working grain transport machinery.

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 15

Town Hall

This is a three-storey, almost indecorated building. It was built to serve as a courthouse. Now it functions as a lawcourt and the centre of local administration. It was built in 1936-37 on the basis of Tibor Hübner and Ferenc K. Császár plans. The facade of the palace was decorated by the Hungarian coat of arms, under of its,-in gold letter,- the "Housing Act" message was read. Since 1990 working here the Mayor's Office. In August 1992, placed on the facade a bronze and enamel municipal coat of arms.

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 7.

Zalakaros spa bath

The European famous Zalakaros spa bath (open all year) is effective to cure the problems of arthritis, women's diseases, disorders of the nervous system and gum's inflammation. 15 km away. Regular bus connection. - Stay: {{sleep |name=Hotel Freya |alt= |url=http://www.hunguesthotels.hu/en/hotel/zalakaros/ |email=hotelfreya@hunguesthotels.com|address=Termál utca 7 |lat=46.5472 | long=17.1237|directions=Right next to Spa |phone=+36 93 340-125|hours=|price= |content= }} and a dozen other options here.

SEE   —  Map

Bank Palace

Established in 1879 as the suboffice of the Austro-Hungarian Savings Bank. This Bank is one of the oldest in Hungary. Thepalace was built with a splendid cupola looking onto the main square on the plans of József Hubert. Is was completed in 1902-1903 in Eclectic style. The its interior bears all the features of a financial institution. This was a regional unit of the National Bank between 1924 and 1987 and of the Credit Bank (Kereskedelmi és Hitelbank) after 1987.

SEE   —  Fő út 16.

Chapel of Förhénc

http://www.muemlekem.hu/muemlek?id=10941 Monument. Roman Catholic Chapel. A free-standing, single-nave chapel with segmental arched closure sanctuary and on the southern facade with a tower, on the west side with a sacristy. Fragments of frescoes can be see on vault from 1860's , and at sanctuary apse, in 1985 painted by Laszlo Takacs. It was built in 1761. Renovated in 1985. In the churchyard: stone crucifix with corpus, and a niche for St. Mary Statue in 1923.

SEE   —  Förhénci u.

Bazaar Yard and the Savings Bank

The Savings Bank of Southern Zala was established in 1870. Mostly it dealt with agricultutal credit operations. Rebuilt in 1881 in eclectic style with a very nicely ornamented facade. This is a three-storey building. Its looks to two streets. Also it has two inner courtyards. These inner courtyards were surrounded by several shops; that is why it was called the "Bazaar". - Now its courtyards has accommodated exclusive and intimate music-concerts in summer.

SEE   —  Fő út 8

Sacred Heart church

'''[http://www.muemlekem.hu/muemlek?id=10945 Monument]'''. Roman Catholic church. One of the Churches in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kaposvár. - Former here was a cemetery. In 1764 a chapel was built in honour of St. John of Napomuk for the Piarist Fathers. In 1824 the chapel was extended and tower was added to it. In 1942 a new church was built on its place; the tower remained untouched. The interior of the new church is very simple and light.

SEE   —  Deák tér

MAORT housing project

A nationally unique settlement. Built in the 1940s on a property, which offered by the city to developers. After production of the Zala oil fields ran, became necessery to build houses for engineers, officials, workers of MAORT. (MAORT=Magyar-Amerikai Olajipari Rt (lit.Hungarian-American Oil Co.) . The construction has begun before the WW2, but completed only after the war. Since 1992 the all area is a monument and protected by on local level.

SEE   —  Olaj utca

Weiser House

A baroque, citizen gable house. The building citations 18th century cityscape, one of the last of this kind in the City. Originally a shop operating here, the owners were merchants of colonial goods and spice. In the second half of the 19th century, Samuel Wellisch since 1901, Jakab Rosenthal were shopkeepers here. From 1930's years, Rezso Kelemen spices-, delicate- colonial goods wholesale and retail store operated here.

SEE   —  Fő út 9.

Nagykanizsai Boating Lake

A Nagykanizsa központjától 4,5 km távolságra kialakított mesterséges tó környékén minden évszakban találhatunk számunkra megfelelő szabadidős programot. Az ország egyik legszebb fekvésű kis tava horgászásra, vízibiciklizésre és csónakázásra is alkalmas. Télen szánkózni és korcsolyázni is lehet. A fúrótoronyból kialakított kilátóba jelenleg nem lehet felmenni, de a környező erdő barangolásra csábítja a látogatókat.


Former Theater-cinema building

The history of the "movies" in Nagykanizsa began in 1896. The building made by t the architect István Medgyaszay, in 1927. The fascade fresco displays the scene from famous Hungarian plays. In 1930,-after Budapest,-this cinema was the second in the country in which showed sound films. The building in the mid-90s operated as a cinema. Now venue of exhibitions, theater performances, concerts and other events.

SEE   —  Sugár út 5

Small Palace

This is a beautiful Neo-Classicist styled villa. It was built in 1940's by grain trader, László Lázár. Since 1996 a picture gallery is here. The permanent exhibition is here , orientalist paintings of Erzsébet Sass Brunner and Erzsébet Brunner (mother and daughter, who found new home in India) are on continious display also with works of the Kanizsa-born painter Istvan Z. Soós.


Nyírfás Camping and Motel

The motel has three double, two quad and one triple rooms. Services: flush toilet, Pets are allowed, hot and cold water shower, laundry facilities, electrical connection, camper drain, cooking facilities, hot and cold water sink, private parking, freezer pack-cooling, playground. Well-equipped kitchen. Horse riding, bicycle rental. 40 m2 children's pool.


Tourinform

Information about sights, accommodation, restaurants, programs in Nagykanizsa, the surroundings. Postcards, guides and Hungary Card. Tickets for programs in Nagykanizsa. Organizing of city tours. Tickets for international bus lines. Tickets for events. Maps. Craftsman's products (candles, ceramics, honours of cornhusk, honours of wood). Assistance card.

OTHER   —  +36 93 313285 —  Csengery út 1-3.

Korona Hotel and Restaurant

19 rooms. All room price include: Buffet breakfast. All rooms with shower, toilet, sink, hair dryer, satellite TV, refrigerator, towels and Wi-Fi. - Outdoor cooking facilities, sizeable free parking next to the hotel even for buses. - 24 hour reception, bar, restaurant (partially active), safe service. - Conference room up to fifty pers.


The Synagogue and "Jewis h House"

Classicist style, erected between 1807 and 1822. It was built in a courtyard. In the middle of the last century it was extended and decorated. There is memorial for the 3000 Jews, who died in the concentration camps of World War II. The one-storey classicist building facing the street is also owned by the Jewish Community.

SEE   —  Fő út 6.

Pelikan

Each room has cable TV and internet connection via W-LAN. There is also a computer with internet available for guests. There is a kitchen with a microwave, fridge and coffee machine. There is a grocery and café located just 5 minutes walk from the pension. Also has a secure car park.


Grünhut-House

A romanticist building. This was the house of a rich grain-merchant, banker and art-collector, Alfred Gründhunt. His flat was on the floor, the groundfloor and the courtyard accommodated an office and warehouses. Specialty of on its facade is the oriental piece above the balcony.

SEE   —  Deák tér 2

Ambrozia Pension

2-3-4 bedded Non-Smoking rooms all with Bathroom /Shower, wash basin, toilet/, - Wireless Internet access, - Towels and sheets are provided, - On the corridor fridge, freezer and microwave located, - closed parking, playground


IRON Man House

A symbol of town. The Ironman House was built in baroque style by a landlord in 2850's. Its name comes from the armoured soldier standing on the facade of the building. Former it was a hardware store.

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 1

Hotel Szoloskert

All rooms with satellite flat-screen TV, air-conditioning and a bathroom with a shower. - Standard (16 sqm); Comfort (24 sqm); , Superior (24 sqm); Deluxe (30sqm). Jacuzzi and the steam room


Chapel Inkey

A baroque chapel. Built in 1786. - Next to the Inkey chapel was founded a tomb of a child in ancient chapel in the second cemetery (attached to the Roman estate, Villa Rustica).


Pension Hugi

A few minutes away from downtown, located in a quiet environment. Capacity: 19 people. One-two-three bedded en-suite tv, air-conditioned rooms. Private car parking, free Wi-Fi

SLEEP   —  +36 93 336-100 —  Király u. 7.

Ski and toboggan track

There is a 600 m long course with 95 m elevation difference. In the county this is the only ski resort. The slope is ideal for beginners. Lift and warming house is available.

DO   —  Újudvar

Tesco Nagykanizsa hypermarket

Services: Wi-Fi, Credit card payment, ATMs, meat countertop, fresh bakery products, F & F clothing department, gift package making and packaging, free parking, Home Delivery.

BUY   —  Boszorkány utca 2

Pension Galeria

Ten comfortable and individual guest rooms and apparments with kitchen. Services:Internet, (wireless), Television, Radio, Non-smoking rooms, Air condition, Tub in the bath

SLEEP   —  +36 93 310-767 —  Kisfaludy u. 31.

Marika-City Pension

In the central pension designed of high level, 7 rooms with shower and toilet, with colour TV; breakfast room and carpark are waiting for the guests. Free wifi spot.


Euronics

Electronics supermarket chain. - Other unit: Célpont department store unit (Zrínyi u. 15. Open: M-F: 08.30-17.30, Sa: 08.30-12.30, Su. closed. - Tel: +36 93 536-173


Monument building

A single-story, rectangular, gable-roofed local level monument building. Built around 1830. A small entrance gate is in alcove on Western part of the facade.

SEE   —  Király u. 35.

City Bath

Services: Swimming pool, Outdoor section, Finnish sauna, Infrared sauna, a Jacuzzi, massage, baby swimming, Aqua Fitness, Fitness, swimming lessons, Snack Bar.

DO   —  Csengery út 49

Letenye thermalbath

Located in the Park of Szapáry castle. 50°C thermal water. 33x20 meters large swimming pool, a circular children's pool, volleyball and beach football fields.

DO   —  Letenye 14px

Bogenrieder Palace

A masterpiece of Secessions style. It is remarkable for its lively ornaments and variety of forms. It was once owned by a wealthy pharmacist.

SEE   —  Fő út 13

Hervis Nagykanizsa STOP SHOP

Shoes, fashion, fitness, running, children, climbing, cycling, Football, accessories, tennis, snowboard, tour, hiking and travel goods.


Jewish-House

In this house used to be one of the oldest pharmacies of the historic Hungary. Here can be see a museum with empire-style furniture.

SEE   —  Fő út 6.

Széchenyi Square

Heart of Jesus Roman Catholic Church on west, Hevesi Sándor Cultural Center on east is located.

SEE   —  Map

MAORT Housing Estate

This building was built in 1942-43 by the Oil Industrial Company of Hungary and thew U.S.A.

SEE   —  Ady Endre u. 12

Hotel Touring Nagykanizsa

40 rooms with private shower and toilets, colour TV; common kitchen and free breakfast.


Pension Kristina

Ten air.con. rooms with bathroom, fridge and TV. - Free parking, continental breakfast.


B&B

Kanizsatourist Agency, Fő út 13. other B&B's: Kalmár u. 7. , Zrínyi Miklós u. 36.


Hotel Central

Fifty rooms. All rooms with telephone, internet, wi-fi, color TV, radio, minibar


Centrum Guesthouse

Kitchen - dining room - toilet - entrance hall - private parking cable TV,


Music Pavilon

Serving a great opportunity for the city to hold various cultural events

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér

Kaiser House

Monumebt building now a printing press and apartments are here

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 16.

Former Bayer House

A monument. A nice one storey building. Now Cafe Muskatli

SEE   —  Deák tér 12.

Ebenspanger House

Former IBUSZ stately travel office was here

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 21

Transformator Building

A local level industrial monument building.


Budapest Bank

A commercial bank in a monument building

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 19

Lutheran church

This is a very nice, well-kept church.


Pension Hegyi

free WiFi, Free parking, six rooms


Schulhof House

A local level monument building.

SEE   —  Király u. 15.

Trading School

A local level monument building.


Tandor House

A local level monument building.

SEE   —  Király u. 29

Rental house of Town hall

A local level monument building.

SEE   —  Ady Endre u. 1

'Nation' School

A local level monument building.


Post House

A local level monument building.

SEE   —  Király u. 37

Iron frame house

A local level monument building.

SEE   —  Vár u. 9

Baby Nursery

A local level monument building.

SEE   —  Szent Imre u. 14

Hotel Central

A hotel in a monument building


Zerkowitz's Houses

Local level monument buildings

SEE   —  Ady Endre u. 33-35.

Serbian House

Monument building. Apartments.

SEE   —  Erzsébet tér 20

Konig Hotel Restaurant & Café

Room rates include breakfast.

SLEEP   —  +36 93 536-166 —  Űrhajós u 1.

Sport center

Here is also the Sport Motel


Post Office

Cash withdrawals from Card.


Interspar Hypermarket

Includes: DM Nagykanizsa

BUY   —  Táborhely u. 4

Lidl discount store

Discount store chain.


Penny Market

Discount store chain


Electric Power Station

A monument building

SEE   —  Csengery u. 49.

City Library

Built in 2000-2001


Israelite mortuary

Monument

SEE   —  Ady u.


Source: wikivoyage